Your Opinions Please

Recent discussion in my Bocaster thread has led me to continue working on my pickguard design.

Some people apparently feel that the Bocaster should keep the tele curve on the side of the pickguard.

I personally lean toward the minimalist straight side (the black guard is currently cut that way--I have a white tele guard here too)

Then I had an idea this morning of combining the two--I'll keep the straight black guard but add a second mini-guard using clear plexiglass (preferably thicker than the original to get a bi-level design like a Rickenbacker) and use the word Bocaster to 'spell out' the curve...

What do you all think? Which is your favorite?

Here's a photoshop mockup:

guardchoicesSmall.jpg

Edited by idch

Yep I dont like that curve but I like the last one! but that's just me B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

To me the first one is best, the 'angular' appearence matches the look of the rest of the guitar. If you want the 'BOCASTER' logo on the guitar, I rekon it'll look better without the letters following a curve, again this will go with the whole stright lines look. All IMHO of course.

genbloke

Sorry for wasting your time, Idch, looks like I was in the minority.

All designs look really cool; however, it seems the populice has spoken.

I guess go with whatever YOU like the best.

Sorry for wasting your time man!

Luke

(Ps I STILL preffer the curved though :D )

No, no, you're right -- you like what you like, stand by it.

I'm very interested in people's opinions here, they whys and all.

Of course, I've got my own favorite, but you started me thinking... I might have a fourth choice tomorrow...

I like the square picguard the best. Maybe you could have the upper uhh..."horn" part of the p/g go up as high as the curve on the 2nd one but squared off? Hmm, probably wouldn't look right.

I think it looks better when the p/g keeps the square motif like the body.

To be honest, I think name labels on the body look a little cheesy. Save it for the headstock.

Interesting....I actually had BOCASTER spelled out on the side, but took it off...

Still, one of things I really like about my Melody Maker is that it says "Melody Maker" on the pickguard

What other guitars have text on the bodies?