Rosewood Neck Lp - New Project

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that looks great! How do you like the rosewood neck? How does it feel and sound? I'm about to get started on a rosewood necked guitar myself, and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts (aside from how hard and how much of a PITA it is to work with :D)

Anyway, I'm impressed!

xlr8, I've been waiting to see this beauty finished for quite some time! What a stunning work of art! Now that is how a Les Paul should be done.

I'm shocked at how much that guitar appeals to me, as I'm somewhat of a traditionalist, but you've improved the Les Paul design while keeping its soul intact. Great, great job! I'm especially tickled by that sunken electrosocket jack cup. That is a nifty idea that I'm going to definitely steal.

Very nice work! There are a few people here who continue to amaze me with Tele's, LP's, ... - all guitars that I normally don't care for but when you build them - WOW!!!

Also - the weight issue has never been a concern for me. I know some people play live and I can see why they may want a light guitar but for me it's all about the sound and feel. If it weighs 5 more pounds than a normal guitar, I really don't care. (of course, if the added weight doesn't add a better feel or sound/tone then there's no point to it).

DaveQ

Thanks guys, initial impressions are good but Tim, the owner, will fine tune the electrics once he gets a feel for the guitar.

It weighs in at just over 8 1/2 lbs and feels lighter on a strap but sounds like it weighs 10+ which was the goal all along.

Neil

Just had this from Tim, the new owner

just played it.................what a lovely tone, really,really

articulate. The overall vibe is fantastic..........All in all excellent

work..............looking forward to gigging it now.

many, many thanks

Not only is he a superb (and demanding) player, he is of course the guru behind Bareknuckle pickups here in the UK.

Made my day :D

Maybe I've missed it, but where did you get plans for LP? Also, how thick is mahogany, and how thick is the top?

Superb job! I really like it (that's why I voted for it!).

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

You can download plans from the MIMF forum, order them from Stewmac or buy a set of templates from Roni at www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com

The Guitar is 2 1/4" thick and the top 7/8". The carve is a full 1/2" which is why it the body looks thinner than a standard Les Paul - they're the same overall thickness at the bridge.

I'm so pleased with this one that I'm building another for myself with an insane flame top over a black limba body and neck;

DSC00563.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/xlr8...in/DSC00560.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/xlr8...in/DSC00561.jpg

It'll be finished in a charcoal burst with an Ebony binding to the body, Ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer.

Thanks for the vote btw. :D

I'm so pleased with this one that I'm building another for myself with an insane flame top over a black limba body and neck;

I know it might be late there, but at least read the post! :D Lol.

Looking good! Dont be suprised if you get a hoard of PM's asking you questions, im gona need all the help i can get my own LP build!