Ok so some guy is trying to scam me and trying to keep my 100 bux I called his house and spoke with his mom, I sent him money 3 weeks ago and he has only contacted me once, The guys a real ass too.

I'm not sure what to do, I mean if worst comes to worst I can take a trip to PA and get my money or the amp or if his mom is cool both.

I was thinking about giving out his email but i decided against it cause I don't want to piss him off. Any ideas :D

Chad

I'd be more stubborn and I'd be calling this guy like 5 times a day.

If this doesn't help, I'd beat the guy up and claim my cash back.

When you're dealing with assholes, you have to act like one yourself.

Otherwise, assholes would ruin your day and (in your case) steal your money.

My advice is to beat him up - this solves all kinds of intra-personal problems.

Your other choice is to threaten the guy with the police.

You may also call the coppers for real but they are somekind of a bigger trouble themselves.

I am sorry that I don't live close to where you are. I would solve the situation quite easily.

Good luck and remember: you have to be an asshole or you will lose this little battle of yours.

Don't you just LOVE ebay?

Yep, as a matter of fact I do! :D I just don't like the jerks in the world that rip people off and they exist in more places than eBay.

Did you pay with Paypal? Money Order? Was it from eBay or another auction?

There's lots of solutions (besides "beating him up" DD) and many are simple and effective. Give us more details and we'll help you make his life miserable in a nice legal way.

Edited by bluespresence

Idiots do exist.

The world is full of them and every single one of them begs to get punished by pissed off Drummer Dudes :D

I hope All the way to peoria gets his money back.

Offtopic: I am not a real drummer, I've never even played a beat (excluding several MIDI tracks in Cubase SX) :D

Edited for Language/Profanity

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

I'd send one last email saying that you either need to get a refund or receive an email stating that the amp has been shipped (with a tracking number) in 24 hours or you are going to file a claim on eBay.

You did get this through eBay, right?

Then wait 24 hours. Go to the dispute section in My eBay and start the whole process. Been there and done that only twice now, but it does get people to respond if they are slags.

I have a Marshall DFX30, which is the same thing. It gets the job done, sort of, but it's not a great amp. I don't know the other ones you listed by way of comparison, but I'd think long and hard before getting the Marshall.

Greg

I haven't listened to the Roland myself, but judging by the reviews I've heard, plus the on-board amp sims (unlike the Marshall, which is just... well, a Marshall, but a digital one), if I could go back in time I'd definitely at least try the Microcube before grabbing the Marshall.

Greg

It's called a "micro" cube... the micro should give away the fact that it's not going to roar at much beyond bedroom levels. :D You can always thrown the line out into your stereo if you have a large enough one and you're feeling brave. <laff>

Greg

I was thinking about a behringer or a line 6 after looking more into it, i know that line 6's sound nice but im not sure about the behringers, I think it was around 250 for a 120 watt 2x 12 which is a good buy and it had alot of effects on it. Anyone use either of the two companies amps?

I played a Line 6 Spider II 212 (and now buying) and i must say it was great... i mean problem with threads like this is one person can say they love the tone of an amp.. whilst others hate it... but still... Yes Line 6 are good in my opinion...

I havent had much experience with Behringers...but from what ive heard... they offer fairly good amps at very good prices...

Hope this helps

~~ Slain Angel ~~

I have a Spider 1x12 and its pretty good. the Insane setting makes even my squier sound relatively beefy. i find the 'green' metal setting is a bit muddy tho, and the 'red' metal setting just seems to be missing something... but that could be my squiers fault (correction, is most likely my squiers fault :D ). my only other gripe bout it is tat they mixed the chourus and flanger effects together, so its either both or none.

I have a Spider 1x12 and its pretty good. the Insane setting makes even my squier sound relatively beefy. i find the 'green' metal setting is a bit muddy tho, and the 'red' metal setting just seems to be missing something... but that could be my squiers fault (correction, is most likely my squiers fault :D ). my only other gripe bout it is tat they mixed the chourus and flanger effects together, so its either both or none.

I noticed that as well....although i found that after playing around with the EQ for a little while it improves quite a bit... all down to personal opinion in the end though i support :D

~~ Slain Angel ~~

I was auccually thinking about buying a spider but after walking into the store too get something else I walked bye the line 6 area and kinda did a once over and I was not impressed. Those things were falling apart and they looked like crap (IMO) I diddn't even bother too try one out. I diddn't wan't one even if they sounded prety good, they looked like crap.

Please tell me if this was a one-time-deal and there usually prety darn good.