War Pigs

Which War Pigs version do you like better?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a Sabbath listener from the early days. Try to get hold of the Tribute to Black Sabbath CD, a collection of Black Sabbath songs done by other people. 1000 Homo DJ's did a really, really good rendition of Supernaut. :D Other metal bands featured were Biohazard (After Forever), Cadaver (Sweet leaf), Exhorder (Into The Void), etc.

Edited by Southpa

Get yourself a copy of Sacred Reich's version it's so thick it needs Weight Watchers tongue.gif

...what ^he^ said...found on 'Surf Nicaragua'.

I can't imagine FNM doing a better version than SR...just can't imagine it.

BTW, is Biohazard still around? I would have thought it over for them long ago...

So what does NIB stand for, anyway? :D

Nativity In Black

False, Tony Iommi has admitted that it means nothing. They needed a title for the song and one of the people they worked with at the time had a beard that resembled a pen nib. One of them suggested the cal lthe song NIB and someone added the dots. Crazy people then decided for themselves it stood for naitivity in black.

-Spencer

So what does NIB stand for, anyway? :D

Nativity In Black

False, Tony Iommi has admitted that it means nothing. They needed a title for the song and one of the people they worked with at the time had a beard that resembled a pen nib. One of them suggested the cal lthe song NIB and someone added the dots. Crazy people then decided for themselves it stood for naitivity in black.

-Spencer

Thats a nice quote from songfacts.com, but then, there ar ethe ones that have gave the word many meanings, I have never read an interview by Tony dennying it or accepting it, but on most Black Sabbath sites they have adopted the Nativity in Black, as you can see in the psot I did above and here, as the name of the 2 tribute albums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

k im a little confused here. I have the ozzman cometh CD and on it the version of war pigs is totally different lyrically than Black Sabbath's. Was this a demo or did Ozzy just change the words for the heck of it?