Are You A Pedal Junkie?

Curtis P

I've played through a wah before (but don't have one), and I almost never use any effects pedals. I've been meaning to get a decent blues/classic rock sort of overdrive pedal for playing at lower volumes, I just haven't gotten around to it. I was looking at Menatone pedals, I've heard some good things about them.

i been looking through some guitar shops and this one pedal (wont mention it, its a suprise if i buy it, i let you know) you plug it before your distortion, and set the "boost" on it, its a true bypass, and theoreticly, its always on clean, but you can use it to clean boost, or dirty boost your sound :D

Curtis

i been looking through some guitar shops and this one pedal (wont mention it, its a suprise if i buy it, i let you know) you plug it before your distortion, and set the "boost" on it, its a true bypass, and theoreticly, its always on clean, but you can use it to clean boost, or dirty boost your sound :D

Curtis

Rocktron Blackjack?

Funny, I haven't used pedals for many years, I've been full midi and wireless for a very long time. But fairly recently I bought my very first wha pedal (I've been playing for 30 years) and it won't agree with my midi rig! :D

So now I've got to find a rack unit with wha an use an expression pedal or I'm screwed. :D

Edited by Gorecki

• 4 months later...

I currently own an ibanez distortion but im definately about to get a few pedals since I'm starting a band and am the sole guitarist I figure a couple pedals can't hurt. The only things I really want are an EQ and a noise gate so I can tighten everything up. Then if I have money to spend I want a wah, probably a morley wah or the ibanez weeping demon and maybe a whammy pedal to harmonize with myself ala dime.

My pedalboard is crazy. but, i always have a lil homemade pedal that bypasses the whole bloody thing :D

All pedals are homemade except the morleys B)

It goes:

Stereo signal (piezo and mags) --> splitter/buffer box (acoustic off to DI box) --> morley bad horsie 2 --> morley little alligator volume --> MXR Microamp clone --> Tube screamer thang --> Big muff clone --> 'Brown sound in a box' --> Boss DS-1 clone --> Feedback loop box --> 3 channel sansamp GT-2 clone (ie 3 of em in one box with switching) --> amp

Then effects loop is Another Buffer box --> Echo --> Delay 1 --> Delay 2 --> MXR phase 100 clone --> envelope filter --> EQ1 (lead) --> EQ2 (Solo) --> return socket :D

Crazy, but cool.

Amp is usually a laney vc30 2x12 B)

I'd say the most useful are the wah, volume and sansamp along with the EQ's. The other distortions don't get used much really!

:D

well... its literally 3 GT-2 clones in a rackmount case with a bit of fancy switching. the schematic is off www.tonepad.com. The thing itself is used as a preamp with 3 channels and 2 EQ's in it (the lead and solo settings B)) and all that is on the floor is a box with 5 buttons and 5 leds in it. works well :D U need to replace the TL072's in the schematic with another chip to get it to sound like the original (can't remember which; i'll open it up and get back to you! get back to you). Good thing is you can tweak it... more gain or whatever you want. Wish i'd put some Mid controls on it though :D:( maybe i will mod it in the future. who knows.

If you need anymore info let me know.

Not only am I a pedel junkie, Im a change junkie. I have to say George L's cables always keep the noise gone. In my last band I loved to change pedals just before a gig or settings mid song to play with the singers head.

There is a base setup:

Wireless-Tuner-Distortion/Boost-Bad Horsie-Flanger/Chorus-Whammy 1-Delay-JT Pedals V-trem

I also currently am trying to incorporate my Black Box for the filter effects or to find a pedal with comparable filter effects.

The distortion boost can be either:

1 of 2 modded Tube Screamers

a modded DS-1

Z-vex Super Hard On

They will change depending on where I'm playing and what amp.

The flanger/chorus is always changing till i find the magic bullet. Currently its an old DOD chorus or a Dano flanger. Sometimes I use the detune on the whammy for chorus.

The delay has been static since I found the rocktron short timer. I'd like to add a reverse delay also. I had a boss delay pedal with all sorts of settings but it was a pain to keep changing them, and it didnt sound as good as the rocktron.

The V-Trem is the heart of it all. Tube based Vibe or Tremelo. A million settings and they all sound excellent. This pedal is why I'm a pedal junkie.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on a 16 loop midi controlled effects management system (rackmount) as i'm moving my rig over to midi controlled. The prototype (only 4 loop for ease of fixing glitches) works well B) no pops or anything :D Will post schematics if anyone is interested? (for you geeks out there it runs off a 16f877 PIC chip :D)

I just bought a Korg Electribe EAI MKII...not exactly a pedal, but it has inputs for monkeying with the sound --and I can even automate the knob movements...but that's for recording...and I'm trying to start a new band with a keyboard player friend, he'll use the Electribe to generate bass sounds.

In the meantime, I'm in the market for a good echo/delay box --I'm looking at the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe, which will also give me some chorus and tremelo .

I don't want to go too far. I know that as soon as I have too many knobs/cables/etc in front of me, I end up doing nothing. In fact, for the last week or so, I haven't even been plugging my guitar in for practicing...(not band practice, home practice)

I'm working on a 16 loop midi controlled effects management system (rackmount) as i'm moving my rig over to midi controlled. The prototype (only 4 loop for ease of fixing glitches) works well B) no pops or anything :D Will post schematics if anyone is interested? (for you geeks out there it runs off a 16f877 PIC chip :D)

I'm VERY interested! Post it up!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

I just got the FSB1010 for my V-Amp (Midi pedalboard), still trying to figure out all the functions and controls on it.

Apart from that I also use a Boss OC-3, Boss SD-1, and a cheap Rocktek Chorus pedal in the pre-DSP in/out of my V-Amp but I rarely use effects other than varying types of distortion and a little delay in my style of playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I love pedals, and last month I built my first pedalboard. Looks great.

I run guitars->Vintage Jen Crybaby->Danelectro Fab2 OD -> Danelectro Daddy-O OD->Danelectro fish & Chips EQ and Boost-> Danelectro Fab Metal dist->Danelectr fab delay->Boss volume pedal->Digitech GSP 21-pro with footcontroller for reverb, delay and chorus->2 Kustom tube 12 amps.

Everything between The wha and the volume pedal is connected to a single bypass switch with a bleed know witch sends the signal back into the chain, much like the Death By Audio Total Sonic Annihilation pedal. This gives some weird, weird noises. Check http://killerrockandroll.com/deathbyaudio/...nihilation.html for clipps.

The Fab pedals from digitech are amazing. Sound as good or better than any Boss pedal, and costs 15$. You should check them out.Demos at danelectro.com

So yes, I love my pedals, and I take pride in finding cheap pedals that sounds great, just to show them butique guys, that is possible.