Ok Guy's Show Me Some Pic's

Ok A Guy Over On the Shredder Want's to see some Spray Can finished Guitars

I told Him That Even A few Pro's Have Used Spray can's In the Past But He think's There Just No good But He Is intrigued to see how they turn out and what rattle cans you are actually using

So Post Some Pic's So I can Show Him Some good Spray can finished Guitars!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

my finish is not nearly as thick and glossy as that one...good job,southpa...

but i used the same minwax fast dry poly he has in that pic...i am sure i could have done a better job on the finish if i had been a bit more patient,especially at the buffing stage...damn spiders and there webs also got into my finish while i was shooting it.

but spray cans do "suck" in application i am sure compared to the real thing...

IM000034.JPG

I don't have any pics right now (lost my place to put up pics) but it deffinitly is possiable to get great finishes from cans. I use the same minwax stuff as in southpa's pic.

BTW: Wes I love the way you recessed the jack on that guitar. How did you do that?

Edited by Godin SD

I don't have any pics right now (lost my place to put up pics) but it deffinitly is possiable to get great finishes from cans.  I use the same minwax stuff as in southpa's pic.

BTW: Wes I love the way you recessed the jack on that guitar.  How did you do that?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_p...utput_Jack.html

take this jack,simply drill a 5/8" hole far enough for the jack to sit into,then drill the rest of the hole 1/4" as required for the body of the jack to sit into

godin...your entry in gotm is excellent!i absolutely love it...the carve you put in it really complements that shape much better than the flat top you did last time

Thanks for the tip on that jack Wes. I will deffinitly use that on my next guitar. :D

godin...your entry in gotm is excellent!i absolutely love it...the carve you put in it really complements that shape much better than the flat top you did last time

Yay someone likes it :D

Edited by Godin SD

Ya Godin That Really Is Your Best Work! :D

Considering that this is only my second guitar, I wasn't up aganist that much compitition if you know what I mean :D

Knowing what I did wrong on this one (still having trouble in the finish department) I think the other wenge guitar will be great. I only have to do some final sanding and than finish it so it shouldn't be too long...

Edited by Godin SD

Considering that this is only my second guitar, I wasn't up aganist that much compitition if you know what I mean

:D Well still It's Better Than the Last one And That One Kicked A$$!

The idea was to match the pickups and the knobs........

And the towel! :D

How did you match the color, just by comparing to the lid of the paint or did you test some different purples? Were there multiple purples?

Looks like a good match. Later. Jason

WOW Guy's This Is Great Stuff!! I sent Him A Link So He Can Check it all out! :D

I have sprayed a couple guitars with rattle cans before I got into my HVLP spray system. I used ReRanch Goldtop lacquer for this one:

002.jpg

You can see more here. I sprayed the clear coats with my gun but the gold was applied with a rattle can (I didn't want to gunk up my spray gun with bronze powder).

~David

I have sprayed a couple guitars with rattle cans before I got into my HVLP spray system. I used ReRanch Goldtop lacquer for this one:

http://www.mykaguitars.com/instruments/029/002.jpg

You can see more here. I sprayed the clear coats with my gun but the gold was applied with a rattle can (I didn't want to gunk up my spray gun with bronze powder).

~David

OHHH Man I Love That Thing So much!! :DB):DB)