Bat Inlays

Hey Guy's Im haveing A hard time Finding Bat inlays and I know that Ive seen them before :D I know That Our friend Ed The Leprecon Used them on this thing http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/vampi...rockbat_950.jpg

Sorry about the Link im not at my home Computer :D

What I need Is Some Big Pic's of this inlay or even better would be full size printable inlay's that I cold cut out!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Well I did find these http://www.custominlay.com/Store/guitar/cu...isc/batsbrd.jpg

but Im not sure how hard it would be for me to cut that shape :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

The upper fret ones from that webpage dont look too bad, the difficulty to me would be the lower frets from the 12th down, maybe another option would be to do a single inlay at the 12th fret and leave the rest blank sorta like the gibson gothic series

MzI

The ones from custominlays.com look too cheesy. Like Hallowe'en bats. The one on that PRS are pretty sweet, though.

If the custominlays.com ones are to your liking, though, they wouldn't be too hard to cut. Mini vise to hold the material in place, a nice dust mask/respirator, and a rotary tool with almost any attachment that has a cutting surface 'deep' enough to go through the entire width of the material.

Greg

The only guitar I can think of with a Bat inlay is Paul Allender's (Cradle of Filth) PRS....

OMG Simo man That is Cool!!!!!! Ok new plan, One Larg Bat at the 12th fret :D

Say what you will about Good Charlotte (don't really care for them at all) but I really kind of like the cartoony 12th fret bat inlay on their guitarists signature PRS. Except for the green.

lg_billy3.jpg

Bat.jpg

Maybe something Like This design I just did on the 12th

NewBat.jpg

Hear's A better one I just did, never Mind That Other bat it sucks :D

Well I dont really like My first One, and the second one need's some Work I do like The way the Wing's Look on it sofar but the head need's some work

I've had the fortune of actually working on Paul Allender's "Bats" PRS. I installed a Tremol-No in it late last year:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...ndpost&p=149324

It's a very, VERY nice guitar. While I'm not a big PRS fan, the inlay work (Mr. Thorn?) is stunning.

PRS made two Bats guitars for Paul. The first one was a red flame maple top, and the 2nd one is the purple quilt he still has today (got rid of the red one last year sometime). The inlays are MOP & abalone. Each inlay is surrounded/bordered by a very thin line of 18K or 24K gold. Whomever did this really did a great job. I was impressed.

Next time COF is on this side of the pond, and I get to one of their shows, I'll try to take some pics of the fretboard. If I talk to Paul before then, I'll ask if he or his tech have any HQ pics.

Perry- I like the little top marker bat. Slick!

Ok now I know where The Bat Inlay we be going!!! :D And It's Not where You think B) Pic's soon! This Is So SLICK!!!