For The Next Contest

For the next mini contest....  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It just so happens that the "build a guitar from 2x4" is up for auction on eBay again. There's only one copy, so looks like someone is cleaning house.

Seems like that used to be for sale in eBay for a while about 2 years ago.

*searching*

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUILD-an-ELECTRIC-GUIT...1QQcmdZViewItem

I got to say Gentleman, that this is a terrific development here at PG. Simply Fantastic in everyway!!

It has taken on a life of its own, hasn't it? I think it's great that there's a lot of interest in doing things plain and simple with a short time limit. We've only just begun, and we have Godin to thank for getting us all motivated. Drinks all around!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The possibilites are endless, I am going to be making my own tuners as well as the bridge, nut, and stop bar.

Godin,

When you are making a new topic, right beneath the topic description, it says Poll Options, click manage poll options, then add your title, and your options.

How about we let this poll run until Saturday night, say, 12:00 pm eastern time, and let the building start on the Sunday?

If, thats ok with everyone...

Curtis

When you are making a new topic, right beneath the topic description, it says Poll Options, click manage poll options, then add your title, and your options.

I tried a test post in the poll section and it didn't seem to have those options. I thought that was a little odd to not have a poll option in the poll section.

At the same time, it looks like I could start a poll in the announcements section.

<edit>

Nevermind... I just didn't see it before.

Der.... stoopid.

This mini contest will start on feb 1. and it will go for 2 weeks, all entries must be submitted within that 2 week build time.

Uh, this was like the 1st post man. :D

But then there's this:

How about we let this poll run until Saturday night, say, 12:00 pm eastern time, and let the building start on the Sunday?

If, thats ok with everyone...

willy_nilly.gif

I was thinking... What about we have a limit on the amount of 2X4s we use?

Maybe something like only using an 8' 2x4 for the whole thing?

And btw for those that wonder about the tone of spruce/pine and stuff, Parker's most costy guitars are made from solid spruce...

Well, whatever you do don't use spruce for the neck. I don't think it's strong enough. I'd try to get fir it's stronger and doesn't have as many knots as spruce or pine.

i would like to say, on top of only being out of a 2X4 that it should also be only parts from the hardware store except maybe tuners and the pickup(s) that would force people to be unique when creating the hardware and i think we would see some real inovation. i might go into this build with my router in hand, and something like a 25$ build total. unless i can get a "sponser" lol

We could also have a guitar build contest like this : NO POWER TOOLS!

in that case, cutting out the body would SUCK

You don't have to cut a body for a CBG. :D Plus, guitars have been made before electricity. It just means that your design would have to change to accomidate the use of hand tools.

We could also have a guitar build contest like this : NO POWER TOOLS!

in that case, cutting out the body would SUCK

You don't have to cut a body for a CBG. :D Plus, guitars have been made before electricity. It just means that your design would have to change to accomidate the use of hand tools.

For some of us it would mean we'd actually have to BUY some tools; my coping saw's in a different country, with my dad, because I had absolutely no use for the thing. Only hand saws I own are those that'll cut a straight line, and one for cutting pearl.

For some of us it would mean we'd actually have to BUY some tools; my coping saw's in a different country, with my dad, because I had absolutely no use for the thing. Only hand saws I own are those that'll cut a straight line, and one for cutting pearl.

So you could build a Bo Diddley model with lots of pearl bits and bobs. :D