My Latest Inlay- Craig Lavin

Clavin

I know it's been a while, but it's done- Not on a guitar this time, but does that really matter? :D

Thanks guys!

Craig L.

www.handcraftinlay.com

2006-02-11_084217_full_Sitting_Bear3_Large.jpgre later!

That's amazing, flawless. I'm speechless too :D Did you do the black lines on the feathers with an engraver?

On a side note, i've been getting a lot of requests to inlay work, and since I don't have the tools/experience i've been recommending you to them, and I hope you've been getting some work out of it. You're work is simply amazing, Craig.

See ya,

Chris

Edited by AlGeeEater

Thanks Guys.

Chris, it's all hand engraved using both a 6 onglette graver tool, and a scribe. The dark areas are a combination of black pearl, ebony, and engraving/scrimshaw type stipling.

I am very pleased with it.

Thanks all for looking!

Craig L.

handcraftinlay.com

Hi DV..

Your a mod now?

Cool.

I know I haven't posted any images in a while. I have been busy with a lot of inlay, but mostly smaller things, knobs, logos, etc. This is the first one worthy of oohs and ahhs in a bit. Have no fear, there's much more coming up.

You'll have to wait and see though.. no previews :D

Thanks for your support!

Craig L.

Depends on when you went last. There might be a few things, I only post the complex or really unique stuff anymore.

This isn't on it yet. It will be.

Glad to see a lot of users are still around. I nkow this place had it's share of misunderstandings, but in the end it's really just a place to hangout and learn. It's all good. I have been browsing and even posting info as always, I just haven't had images of anything major until now.

Craig

This one took about 25-30 hours or so.

More inlays soon guys.

Thanks!

Craig Lavin

handcraftinaly.com

Thanks Cliff, but it's Ebony. I tried the recon onyx and found it too brittle for my likes.

The ebony works easier, gives the same color, and edges up nicer without any of the pains of recon stone. On fretboards it also blends better given it's the same material. Fading into the black looks more real, less reflective.

Thanks again. I enjoy seeing your work!

Craig Lavin

Thanks Cliff, but it's Ebony. I tried the recon onyx and found it too brittle for my likes.

The ebony works easier, gives the same color, and edges up nicer without any of the pains of recon stone. On fretboards it also blends better given it's the same material. Fading into the black looks more real, less reflective.

Thanks again. I enjoy seeing your work!

In the photo it looked very mat finish so I thought it was onxy. I use ebony sometimes myself. I know what you mean about bittle, the recon and be than way. I use 1/8" recon and then definately helps. Nice etch work by the way.