Fav guitar? make

cartersymes

Whats your favourite guitar make? (electric)  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Godins are incredibly cheap...

......$600 for a flamed maple topped hand-made, x-bridged guitar?!?!?!? :D

B):D Are you serious?!??! is that for the top of the line model, with Peizos, Roland Synth, and 2 stereo out puts???

no, this is for the soldiac, still cheap considering the specs (only 2 outputs though, magnetic and acoustic). The top of the line one (lgxt I believe?) is about $1500+ here. Although it has a tune-o-matic with piezos, a carved quilt top (awesome figure on all the ones I've seen) and 3 outputs (or voices as godin says) magnetic, acoustic and 13 pin midi.

oh, btw, the prices are all canadian$. They might be more in the US 'cause of exporting or something, I dunno...

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

The best ESP made guitars say schecter on the headstock. Pound for pound, I'd have to say trdition, dillion, and samic have my vote for "budget guitars"

The top of the line one (lgxt I believe?) is about $1500+ here.......

Yeah thats pretty much what they go for here as well. But even at that price, for what your getting with the guitar, is a great deal. Especcially if you need a studio guitar. Their acoustic guitars are incredible, they play just as smooth as an electric. Much respect for Godin!

also, i have played many Ibanez, Fender, Westone, Watson, Washburn, ESP Gibson, Godin, almost every single guitar on that list except for that tokai thing, and i can honestly say, first time i played a Jackson, i loved it! i liked the body, it wasnt too heavy, or too light, perfect, mind you, i wasnt big into guitars then, only knew smoke on the water intro riff and the blues riff little bit, so i would go down to the music store and try to be a big shoot, ohh, the good ole days :DB)

Curtis

Litchfield Custom Gutars Posted on Dec 19 2003, 12:48 AM

The best ESP made guitars say schecter on the headstock. Pound for pound, I'd have to say trdition, dillion, and samic have my vote for "budget guitars" 

yeh i had a wee samick for years, and sold it to my bro a while back, still doin well. nice guitars, neck now needs adjusting, but he wont let me at it!!

well i would have chosen Jackson but it wasn't there. So i chose Gibson. I've always wanted an SG or a Les Paul, but they're out of my price range. They just sound soooooooooooo thick and heavy. I love that sound, and its what i've been after for such a long time. But i needed a guitar to practice on, so i bought an ibanez GRX20. Then i saw the RG250DX and it was just such a beautiful guitar. so i got that.

• 2 weeks later...

had to go with tokai at least for what they used to be. As far as current guitars my vote is dillion. I have yet to play anything under 700 that beats my $390 500x. Can't beat it if you wanna rock out with a good lookin axe for cheap. I figure that with enough money, any company can build an amazing guitar, what gets me is when companies put together sweet axes without breaking the bank... my 2 cents.

-Vadim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STRAT JUNKIE!!!! :D

I've tried high end Ibanez and Gibsons (I love the LP Classic) as well as Epis, Jacksons, Samicks, Arias (POS), Washburns (impressive), Yamahas (I hate 'em) and the occasional Cort but the Fender Strat remains my all time favourite guitar..

Just so you Ibanez fans know, I own a POS Ibanez GRX70 but I'm not taking that as a good indication of Ibanez guitars.. I like the ArtCore series, though.. Never tried a PRS so I can't comment either, other than they look very, very nice..

3 months ago, I would have said Yamaha. I have an acoustic and a tele-style Pacifica, and while they're not the fanciest guitars around, they win in terms of "bang for the buck".

Now, that prize has been stolen easily and swiftly by my Godin LG, which was just as light on the pocketbook, but compares in terms of quality to "pro" instruments.

Therefore, I vote:

GODIN.

• 2 weeks later...

I do love strats but my favorite sounding strat guitar is my G&L Leo Fender signature model S-500. I think Fender sued ol' Leo for putting his name on the front so they went to the George Fullerton model now.

I also have to mention that Schecter is putting out some nice playing, sounding and looking guitars for the $.

i hate fenders why does everyone like them they're cheap, the only good fenders are the ones from the 60's and 70's they have these horrible pick ups and they just sound horrible, they look cool but looks dont matter