Wah Wah Pedal

Duff Beer Man

Alright fella's, my gf got me a wah pedal for my graduation, its a standard cry baby. Thats all they had in town, i didnt even use it i just took it back cause i knew that she paid way to much for it at the music stores here in town. I told her i wanted a different one anyway, one with more options, i started reading about the 535 and 95Q, but i wanna know who here plays what, and the pros and cons of all. Like i said they dont have any wah's here in town cept the standard cry baby, so going around and playing them is out of the question, im getting mine from musicians friend.

I used to have an Ibanez weeping demon. VERY nice wah. No pot, adjustable in everyway you could think of, even has a switch for when you use a bass. And solid as a rock, also has two different switching options depending on how you play.

That said, I sold mine last year, I stopped using it, cos it drove me insane always adjusting it.

These days I'm building my own(from sapele mahogany :D )

I guess that way, it will take longer to adjust it if I leave out all the other controls the weeping demon had.

But yeah, the weeping demon is awesome, just drives you insane, because you know you can make it sound better, but then you lose the tone you had from it, and can never get that one back again, even with the knobs in the same place.

hope you didn't hurt your gf's feelings man!

Get a morley. Wicked stuff. My bad horsie 2 rules. Although i still have a tremonti power wah for solos and another one which i cant remember wot its called for more classic stuff. (yes i have 3 wah's and a volume pedal, all morley :D)

S

My gf didnt care, cause she asked a long time ago which one i wanted, i picked one and they didnt have it so she just said here i got u this, u like it? I told her i didnt really care about the other features and would keep it cause she bought it for me, but she insisted i get the only i truely wanted, she just wanted me happy which was cool. Also anyone tried the dunlop dimebag wah? Looks like it has everything under the sun, its all looks good on paper thing im wondering is if it sounds good.

+1 on the Ibanez WD7, fantastic pedal. Ive got mine where i want it and i never move it, but if i wanted to i could make it sound differant. Cant do that with a standard crybaby now. Also the build quality on it is insane, ive thrown mine in and out of cars and studios (by accident of course...) and the thing is still solid. Great product.

I have never played a Morley or a Budda so i cant comment on them.

Not to hijack... but has anyone tried the dirt cheap (like £15-£20) wah pedals on ebay?

I know they wont be as good as things that are 5 times the price.. but are they usable?

Hmm I'll bear that in mind...

That behringer pedal is right in the sort of price range I want to spend.

Thanks! :D

I've heard nothing but good things about Vox wahs. I have a Dunlop 535Q, its the only wah I have ever owned or played but it sounds good. What I like about it is that you can tailor it to the register you are playing in. What I mean by that is if I am riffing on the low E string I can make it really growl then switch to a higher frequency to get a really sharp sound for lead playing in the higher frets. The Q control is sick, I can from go color to a sick overtone that really accentuates the wah sound. I would post sound sample, but I only have a crappy PC mic and I'm not too good anyway.

But remember the behringer enclosures are plastic!

:D yeah but the plastic is about 5mm thick B) I know I've had one of my behringer pedals appart (the UD100 octaver the only one that was noisy out of the ones I bought).

:D trust me it'd take some serious knocks to damage the case itself. If you put it on a pedal board it should last as long as a metal enclosed pedal.

That new behringer pedal is actually very good! only about £20-30!

:D cr@p I wish I'd ordered one with my Behringer noise gate and Korg Ampworks now!

Robert

Alright fella's, my gf got me a wah pedal for my graduation, its a standard cry baby. Thats all they had in town, i didnt even use it i just took it back cause i knew that she paid way to much for it at the music stores here in town. I told her i wanted a different one anyway, one with more options, i started reading about the 535 and 95Q, but i wanna know who here plays what, and the pros and cons of all. Like i said they dont have any wah's here in town cept the standard cry baby, so going around and playing them is out of the question, im getting mine from musicians friend.

i got a ibanez weapin demon it does ok.freind in morbid angel uses morley bad horsie 2 wahs they are also good and controlable.

havent you figured it out yet duff? everyone here says different things. it would only mean that it really depends on you, your taste, and your belief. it seems here that it doesnt really matter WHAT you use, what matter most is, HOW you use it. and remember, a good player can play even on a bad instrument!

rock on!