8-string Guitar

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive herd good and bads about 24" scale on an 8 string so Im happy to stay with my 27"

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I just dont know!! Im haveing a really hard time finding a good headstock look for this Guitar :D

ok what do you think about this headstock

Newh.jpg

I think something more like this

head.jpg

Looks good but I think McNaught might not like it Clicky

awwwwwwww!!! B) mines not the same dead on :D why am I haveing such a hard time with this headstock

EDIT: Maybe like this

heanew.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

untitlednew.jpg

THERE!! no more headstocks :D

hears a close up

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...edheadstock.jpg

Matt, do you find it at all ironic(and perhaps enlightening) that so many of your headstock designs look like so many others when, jus last week, you were commenting on how someone hijacked your v design? Regardless, best of luck with this project.

peace,

russ

HAHAHA No kiding B) I just start drawing and I come up with something that might look right than I find out that its a taken design :D

This has been a real hard one, but ive never been good with headstocks

Matt, do you find it at all ironic(and perhaps enlightening) that so many of your headstock designs look like so many others when, jus last week, you were commenting on how someone hijacked your v design? Regardless, best of luck with this project.

HAHAHA No kiding :D I just start drawing and I come up with something that might look right than I find out that its a taken design :D

Don't sweat it if your headstock looks like somebody else's, every basic headstock design has been done by somebody or another, whether its McNaught or McDonalds...they're all basically similar and non-identical. Go with whatever floats your boat and works with the body.

BTW, for an 8 you almost have to put tuners on both sides...ever see that Jackson 12-string headstock? Its just asking to be snapped in half.

Erik, I wasn't arguing about his headstock looking like any others as much as suggesting that he not be so quick to say that other people are "copying" his own designs.

HAHAHA I think I know what your talking about now :D I made that thread more of a bash at my design than any thing else, I found that old pic and some one told me a while ago that it looked like the vixen B)

Designing is really hit and miss but I love it

Oh on a side note im thinking about trying to use a MIGHTY MITE MMSA6-BKF 6 STRING ACTIVE PICKUP

for this guitar

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

headstock.jpg

I think Im good with this one

Bump on the EMG45 Matt!!

something to add?? do you think the emg would be the smart way to go