8-string Guitar

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well is there any reason why I should stay away from useing the MIGHTY MITE MMSA6-BKF?

I found one on the bay for 30 bucks, for 30 bucks I think its an ok risk

I would like to know everyones thoughts on the whole pick up thing, that is the one thing Im stuck up on

I have a bridge I have A neck the body will be nothing all thats left is the pickup

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

matt. the pickup that you were talking about...the mighty might on ebay?....was it from the seller warpdrive music? thats my dads music store here in milwaukee....its funny you would come across it.

hey ya thats the one :D I WANT THAT PICKUP

The EMG extended series pickups are essentially EMG 85's with bigger coils in a bigger housing. Give EMG a call, that's what they'll tell ya.

I've got the DC 45 for 6 string basses in my 8 string and the high strings sound awesome.

I'd go the EMG route. Less hassle, no ebay and you dont' have to worry about pole piece alignment because it's two big bars.

serpentzprotozd4.jpg

Ok now im really likeing how this is comeing out :D

ive only seen angled pick ups on fanned 8's :/

ya I would only angle the pickup if I was doing faned frets but I wount be doing that

I would flip headstock around....so point is point downward. That would flow better with the guitar. IMHO.

I like the mock-up alot.

Ive been thinking about that but Im not really sure!

What do you guys think

HEADOPTION.jpg

Seconded

Definitley the first of those two

I think you've nailed that headstock design now matt

I don't really think either one is better. Or, I should say, I like them both equally. I have to say though that the horn on the bottom there strikes me as being way to long at the minute. It just seems like it's going to cause problems at some point or another... but it's only the ones in the drawings and not the rendered pics so maybe I'm just out of my mind.