My First Project

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, yeah I went a little wild with this one I spent about 2 weeks drawing up different designs trying to get the American flag concept without just being the American flag. I cant wait to finish it and see it with all the chrome hardware I have been picking up for it. I even got some chrome metal pickup rings for it. I am not a fan of black guitars although I have had a few and currently have black Jackson Kelly but it is going to get a makeover soon, probably not this extreme though......maybe it will. :D

• 1 month later...

Wow, nicely done!

Oooops. Old age I tell ya... :D If I dont write it down...it's gone.

I had a PS10LTD a few years ago that I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of. It was pretty beat up...would have been perfect for a restore project. I've got one on paper to build in the next year or so. Thinking about possibly doing a floyded one w/gold hardware. Actually, I have a new Gibraltar II bridge, quick change tailpiece, and a set of the "M" style Ibanez tuners (all in gold) on order, so I could do two, one floyded & one TOM. :D

• 1 month later...

Holy carp! A+, that looks awesome. I ain't going to comment on the flag scheme (bit of an expatriate at heart), but my personal views aside, it looks KILLER! I got a few questions, though.

-How does it balance, with both of the strap buttons being above the center line of the body?

-Do the strings feel floppy at all, because of such a narrow break angle over the bridge, and the amount of string behind the bridge? I'm encountering a problem like that on my Explorer, but it seems to be alleviated a bit by putting thicker gauge strings on it.

-I don't see any screws holding your cavity covers on, did you use magnets?

-What's a Distortion Mayhem? Never heard of 'em before :D

Again, top notch quality, I love it

It balances pretty good that way, thats why I moved them there because they were on the center line and it seemed to fall forward alot. The strings dont feel floppy at all they feel pretty good. I was worried about them breaking because of how far back I put them. The angle going into the body is really sharp but I have been playing it all week and no breaks yet. But then agin I havent broken a string on any guitar since I was probably 18.Long long ago. there are screws on the cavity covers they just match the covers. I was thinking abot magnets but never got around to ordering them. TheDistortion Mayhems are just a pair of SH-6 neck and bridge.