New Design

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what might look nice? maple pickup rings stained to match the body that or chrome ones

hehe once again, way ahead of you. its gonna have chrome pu rings with black screws, to match the black and chrome pickups and bridge. the machineheads will be chrome, with black screws and washers.

and thanks for the comments everyone

It looks really nice, cool idea well executed.

The only criticism i have of is the neck to headstock transition, might be something you want to consider reworking before spraying. I reckon you need to remove a bit more wood, at the moment it looks like it would impede playing.

Pc061268.jpg

The only criticism i have of is the neck to headstock transition, might be something you want to consider reworking before spraying. I reckon you need to remove a bit more wood, at the moment it looks like it would impede playing.

it feels fine in my hand. i admit that picture does look a bit much, but its fine

i probably will when its finished.

by the way, this model is called 'desiree', after my friend mia (desiree's her middle name) cos its curvy and sexy like her. she deserves so much more but this is just my little way of thanking her for being such an amazing person

Edited by hooglebug

Veeeery nice Indeed, there is some spots that I would suggest you take a close look before finishing.

1. The bridge seems not to be "flush", maybe on the pictures only???

2. the neck pocket on the trebel side, I would make the transition smoother, in the frontal view, you can see a big chunk of wood from the pocket.

I hope you understand #2 because my PShop skills are vaery bad, and I can't make a pic of what I mean.

the bridge is flush, its just shadow.

as for the neck pocket thing, i left it that way until i was closer to finishing it because that area would be very delicate and i didnt want it ripping off. so yes, it is going to get smaller, althought the upper fret access is impeded at all by it. but i do agree with what you say about it and it will be changed

i probably will when its finished.

by the way, this model is called 'desiree', after my friend mia (desiree's her middle name) cos its curvy and sexy like her. she deserves so much more but this is just my little way of thanking her for being such an amazing person

:D that must be one sexy friend if the guitar's half as curvey as she is

:D do we get photo's of both so to compare?

hehe she is. rar!

i shaped the back a bit today on the cutaways. i've decided that im going to darken the back wood and then do a black sunburst on it, as there are a couple of big tear outs on the sides that will be noticed. but black will suit the top and the hardware better than a natural finish to the back so it works out well anyway.

here's a few pics.

back

back again (a bit blurry but you can see the shaping better)

side (ish) view

Pc111280.jpg