Found An Old Band Shot

goat

That's a classic bassist pose, goat. Right on.

Q: What were you guys playing when that picture was taken? Some Journey? Faithfully or Stone In Love? :D

OUCH!

I was a metalhead,but the band was all originals,funk,rock,punk.

The Fierce Nipples

Yeah, we don't actually have a singer Greg, we just drafted you in to cover for Leigh. That Rohypnol works wonders when you need a bald person to compliantly shout whatever you want for forty-five minutes.

I think that must have been "The Ghost Of I Before" or "Media Cattle" since I was front of house. I dropped back so I could hear the drums in the monitors after the first two in the set.

You look like Vlad the Impaler. :D

He ruled his military kingdom of Wallachia – southern Romania – with a heavy and blood-soaked fist.

During his tenure, he killed by the droves, impaling on a forest of spikes around his castle thousands of subjects who he saw as either traitors, would-be traitors or enemies to the security of Romania and the Roman Catholic Church.

Sometimes, he slew merely to show other possible insurgents and criminals just what their fate would be if they became troublesome.

A pamphlet published in Nuremburg, Germany, immediately following his death in 1476, tells of his burning beggars after allowing them free food at his court. "He felt they were eating the people's food for nothing, and could not repay it," the broadside explains.

Better than not hearing them :-D

Metal band....can't hear the drums....does not compute.

Tell your drummer he's supposed to HIT THEM !!!!!

The first thing that came to my mind was "feather Duster" then had images of a metal drummer playing with a pair of feather dusters XD

We had a drummer for a while that was so loud (how loud was he?) ... he was so loud that we literally couldn't hear the monitors on stage. He was so loud that I could not hear the other guitar player who was 6-8 feet away from me. So loud that the only thing that kept me from shoving an ice pick in my ears was the fact that even if I couldn't hear his drums, the vibrations would still rattle my teeth loose. He was such a nice guy, though, that none of us could bring ourselves to fire him.

Lucky for us, after a couple months he decided he couldn't get into the stuff we were playing and quit.

Well, Froggy has that crazy thing that metal drummers don't seem to be gifted with enough of - dynamic! I key on the kick and snare and to a degree off the hat so having them forced through the monitors is a lot better than relying on the (most usually) unnatural balance of a set acoustically. Plus we like to crank the amps a bit anyway whether they're mic'ed or not. If you have a 300w bass amp and the guitarists have two 100w halfstacks, then why have them mic'ed at lukewarm bedroom levels? :-D

don't listen to them prostheta...i much prefer the sound of the miced and monitored drums...imo it's the only way to truly get the proper kick drum sound anyway

guitar center has this new electronic set that you can monitor and play at anyvolume you wish,and the drummer i saw playing it claimed it felt very natural too...

can you imagine being able to turn down and practice at a non-headache inducing volume?i mean..the drums themselves made noi sound...just through the speakers.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rol...-Set?sku=449925