i'm getting dizzy

krazyderek

ya, so after i play for an hour or so, and i sit back down at my computer and try to look at the screen, and it's kinda blurry.... i have a 19" so i don't think it's the monitor of the resolution.... and it also happens when i loook at other things on my desk or go in another room... anyone else get this??

both.... blurry vision and kinda dizzy cause of all the blurriness lol..

i'm pretty sure i play with my mouth open.. kinda relaxed hanging open... lol something like that, but i'll try and remember later and see if that's the case

ya, so after i play for an hour or so, and i sit back down at my computer and try to look at the screen, and it's kinda blurry.... i have a 19" so i don't think it's the monitor of the resolution.... and it also happens when i loook at other things on my desk or go in another room... anyone else get this??

sound like you had an orgasm... :D

both.... blurry vision and kinda dizzy cause of all the blurriness lol..

i'm pretty sure i play with my mouth open.. kinda relaxed hanging open... lol something like that, but i'll try and remember later and see if that's the case

i know i have my mouth hanging open cause every now and then i drool on myself :D

lol, ya i've had droll fall all over my pickguard a couple of times :D i tried to observer myself as i was playing, and i think i do kinda tense up when i'm trying to keep a good timing (my timing is so bad i'm suprised i actually age correctly) i kinda to press my teeth together and my rear cheak muscles flex a bit... :D lol this is pretty weird... but i don't like not being able to read for 10 minutes after playing, so B)

and what's TMJ?

my timing is so bad i'm suprised i actually age correctly

B):D:D:D:D

That's a hot candidate for my next signature change

But back on topic, I don't have that syndrome, but sometimes when I play something really hard and fast I pass out from holding my breath, which is especially embarrassing on stage...

just kidding, seriously, I think you need to have a neurologist examine you, could be the way you position yourself while playing (sitting, I suppose), perhaps something wrong with blood circulation due to crooked sitting.

I wanted to write "don't f*ck with your body" but then I realized how stupid it would sound so I'll write take care of your health.

so long

ace

• 4 weeks later...

i have a feeling what this may be, i get it also.

when playing, if you are concentrating on your fingers or neck, that is a short distance, your eyes will be accustomed to this distance, and after an hour will be kinda set there, then if you look at the monitor about 4x the distange away itll all be blurry because your eye muscles havent moved out of their position to allow you to focus. the normality will come in a few mins, 5 or so.

as an example of continued muscle tension like this make a fist with your writing hand (it doesnt matter which hand, but this is usually the srongest), then really clench it really tight and hard for 30-60 seconds, then try to open your hand, note the reluctance!

mike

good point, hopefully that's all it is.... i've started getting really tired too, like i'll be doing drills and my eyes actually close, my fingers are still moving but then i start to fall over (i play leaning against my pooltable) it's kinda odd, i feel like chet atkins...

glad i could help :D

i have this problem from time to time, so i try to look at the wall every 5 or 10 mins for a few mins when playin the exercises, just feel where the frets are etc... actually last night i was playing in the pitch dark lying down! thats fuun!

mike