Black Evil Metal \m/ \m/

Just thought you might want to see what ive been working on recently.

Mother of Pearl, Black Tahitian Pearl, and crushed pearl pieces, inlaid into Indian Rosewood.

At the moment, the owner has asked that his identity is kept under wraps.

Apologies for the blurred photos. Inverted flaming crosses, with lightning strikes, bla bla, and a yet to be revealed centre 'band logo'. WOO HOO. Apparently i'll go to hell for inlaying inverted crosses. Next i'll do an angel, to make things ~~equal~~ :D

IMG_1945.jpg

http://www.monaro.com.au/guitars/diary/Cus...ss/IMG_1944.jpg

Still some more touching up of the inlays to do, plus reslotting the fretboard, tapering the sides, etc. Oh, its a five string too...

http://www.monaro.com.au/guitars/diary/Cus...s/IMG_1943a.jpg

Body is a new unique design, i think Satan himself designed it... looks grrrreat.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the blurred photos. Inverted flaming crosses, with lightning strikes, bla bla, and a yet to be revealed centre 'band logo'. WOO HOO. Apparently i'll go to hell for inlaying inverted crosses. Next i'll do an angel, to make things ~~equal~~ :D

Great work Perry! You're safe, because as you know - hell doesn't exist unless you consider Brisbane in the running there.

Its funny because when i opened this topic i was listening to a Dimmu Borgir song that says "Hail Satan" in the background. I didn't realize that immediately. Weird stuff.

ANYWAY! Amazing inlay work you have there, some purely evil work. The way you spoke about the body design makes me really want to check that out! Post some more pics soon please!

• 2 weeks later...

Simply amazing work! I cannot wait to see this revealed! BTW Binding? The second pic looked like it might be attachedto the neck already, though it could have just been sitting on it, I dunno?

I was thinking how cool it would look with some white binding that had little miter joints every 4 or 5 inches with a thin black laminated in the miter. It would add to the lightining look along the binding, lol. I think it would look really cool, but once you fretted it, probably be pointless.

Anyhow, to explain here is a link to another one of my paint masterpieces! :Dbinding

Anyhow, inspiring stuff once again Perry, thanks for sharing. Best of luck. J

Edited by jmrentis

The ultimate binding is yet to come. Not on this bass, but on a "known" guitarist's six string, due to be started soon. I dont know if i will reveal the binding while in progress or not :D

Sweet! Cannot wait to see this one! I enjoy seeing the in progress shots, but the finished product is always a bigger shock to the system though I usually cannot stand waiting to see how it turns out, lol!! Of course if you wait for it to be finished then you must add in progress pics with the final product thread. Either way man. Cannot wait to see this! Thanks. J

PS: Binding rocks! And Ultimate binding: :D

• 1 month later...
IMG_2411.jpg

hmmmmm...this project design looks like its almost an aggression outlet?...therapy anyone?lol...I must say those lines scratch me where I itch though...is there any equipment or trick to getting spray in and around areas like that or is it just all in the wrist?..I have even brushed on super thick poly on bits I could not spray into and sanded as best I could and rinse and repeat, but ..well it sucked.