Hey, new here. heres my guitar...

hey, whats up. im nathan. new here.

just got my first guitar about a month ago, and learnin rapidly!

its a red 20th anniversary fender squier strat. got from a friend for a whopping $50!!!

well im thinking about stripping the paint and puttin myself and sweet british flag on it. right now ive got it with a duct tap british flag! haha. ghetto i know, but youd be surprised. it actually looks good!

okay, well any comments or suggestions before i get to work on it would be greatly appreciated!

pics to come soon

peace out

nathan

Ummm.. cheap... we'll that's one word you wouldn't use in guitar building. lol

Yeah get ya some acrylic lacquer in cans and spray, but it's still gonna cost ya more than you think if you apply enough coats and do it right. Your also gonna have fun getting all the duct tape off before you paint. Duct tape tends to leave alot of glue behind.

Just throw some clear cote on there! If it's good enough for Ibanez, it's good enough for you

NDM1TSG.jpg

I wonder if what's his face(the creator of that guitar, I can't remember his name lol) got that idea from an old decorating trick. My mom used to take masking tape in little 1/2" pieces and apply it to abstractly shaped wine bottles. After it was all taped up, she applied wood stain all over it and then wiped it off. It actually look pretty interesting(but ugly I thought) and everytime I see that Ibanez I have to think of that and laugh. Has anyone else seen this process?

Dave->

thanks for all the comments.

to answer a few things... the duct tape comes off nice n clean for sum reason. dont ask me why it just does (which is fine with me)

im about to sell a lot of my artwork at some auction thing so i may have quite a bit of money shortly.

to question a few things... is that duct tape on that other guitar?

can you just simply spray some clear coat on it over the duct tape? (doubt i will just curios)

and to comment on a few things... haha, i too wondered about the whole rubber condom thing. being from england, i shouldv cought it, but ive lived in texas most of my life so i guess i have an excuse. haha still have a strange picture of rubbing a condom all over my guitar :D

again thanks for all the talk.

B)

• 5 weeks later...