7-string Randy Rhoads V

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

ALL RIGHT!!! my dads finishing up the paint on this sucker tomorrow and shell be getting assembled this week :D:DB) The paint scheme changed though, The headstock and bevels where sprayed with House of Kolors Khameleon paint, then a Candy Wine Berry will be sprayed over top of that, except for on the headstock, will get pics as soon as he brings it home tomorrow.

Bass-man43

Thanks for all the feedback guys this baby will be finished on Monday, and yes the paint is incredibly expensive, my dad had leftovers from a car he painted, for ONE PINT it is $400 Canadian. WE used about 50 or 60 dollars worth. So do you guys think this could be in the running for GOTM

Bass-man

Thanks for all the feedback guys this baby will be finished on Monday, and yes the paint is incredibly expensive, my dad had leftovers from a car he painted, for ONE PINT it is $400 Canadian. WE used about 50 or 60 dollars worth. So do you guys think this could be in the running for GOTM

Bass-man

With those prices, I hope you mixed in a little gold and diamonds in the paint :D As for GOTM, maybe! That paint makes it a bit special, and a 7-string V isn't extremely common. Try it out and see what happens!

Thanks for the comments, sorry i didnt post any info on it because I was at my friends house testing it on his half stack when we posted that :D This thing is a beast, sounds amazing plays very well, there is a couple problem frets up in the higher registers but those will be fixed all in due time. I would like to get up a sound clip but all I have is my phone... so might have problems there, also, professional photos will be taken soon and i will post accordingly.

Bass-man43 :D

Quite metal! I never wanted to do a Mystic paintjob on a flat-topped guitar, cuz I always thought the color-shifting effect would look better on a carved top body like a PRS or a Jackson Soloist or a Satch JS1000 rounded body. But the Mystic effect really shows up on those nice long bevels! And doing the headstock was a very wise choice. Too many people build a wicked body, and leave the headstock plain with a black painted front, that's it. You kept the theme of the guitar from head to toe. Excellent.

We need pics of this axe on stage under the stage lights!

• 6 months later...