My Current Projects

oblaty

Oh man, that sucks. I don't think spraying finish right over the crack is the best way to get rid of it. You may need to do something to prevent the crack from getting any worse. I have personally never ran into this problem so hopefully someone else will offer some advice in that department.

Excellent work so far!

Edited by Jon

I used a alcohol based dye from local store.. No stewmac or other luthiers stuff... I´ve got limited resources. I don´t know if I could find black epoxy in our store too... I´m going to take a look in there next week. I´m looking for some waterbased grainfiller, blue stain or transparent color in spray and black opaque spray for burst. Wish me luck :D

Edited by oblaty

Finally I have something for you :D

Today I´ve been to our local store and bought blue stain, so when I came home I stained the body immediatelly :D

dsc07315sa0.jpg

Hope you like it.. it´s too bright for me now.. tomorrow or tonight I will stain it once again and we´ll see how it turns out... B)

Edited by oblaty

Wow, I love that blue, it's your guitar and obviously up to what you like, but I really love how bright that is, awesome. :D

Yeah you were right.. I should let it the way it was... now i will have to sand it a little bit, but it´s hard to say right now. I must wait till tomorrow to see it on nice sun light :D And let it cross my mind

Looks great!

Sry to ask here, but what is the difference between stain and dye?

Thx

Thanks

And I have no clue :D For me it´s just a language gap :D

BTW for trained eyes: there are no pickup ring holes nor pickguard holes, because I´m mounting the pickups directly to body...

Edited by oblaty

• 3 weeks later...
I'm quite a noob to finishing,

Why do you do the grain fill after the stain, doesn't it ruin the results of the staining? (obviously not, because your result looks spectacular!)

It won´t ruin anything. You have to stain before grainfilling, because the filler will close the pores of the wood, so the stain wouldn´t soak up into the wood.