Set Neck Desiree

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone

bassisgreat - heres a pic of the inlay. im a bit disappointed with it as it was better than this but i had to redo some of it

42.jpg

you can also see the heavy shaping of the fretboard edge in this pic. i read and saw a pic of a tyler guitar and it sounded good so thats how i do it.

prostheta - its just a good few coats of danish oil. it shines up really well

someone somewhere down the line wanted to know how much it weighed when it was finished - according to my bathroom scales its about 8.5 - 9 pounds

I LOVE that blue. It's very beautiful guitar. I can see where the inlay be a little off, like to much space around it or whatever, but I think it still looks awesome and even a foot away or so I wouldn't think you'd notice, except that you know it's there, I really like it. Great job and I second gotm

• 2 weeks later...

YAY!!!...it's finished!

That neck looks lovely and so does the blue top :D

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the orangeness of the body with the blue top but I imagine that it's much better in the flesh.

Thank the lord for sunny February days, they make for great outdoor guitar pics :D

• 3 weeks later...

i made a case for it. its a nice snug fit. the handle could do to be a little more towards the middle but cant be helped now - its riveted on. made a little plate to go on the front too with my logo and the guitar name and number.

81.jpg

th_82.jpgth_80.jpgth_79.jpg

ps - there isnt a massive dip in it like the third thumbnail seems to show. camera trickery

Maybe we could talk to Russ and see if he still has the pics? I'm going to need to make one for my V (not stock V size/shape, 25" scale) and the extra help would be awesome.

On topic: Hooglebug FTW. That case is just as appealing as the guitar is.

PS. Still BareKnuckles, I assume. What models?

thats a coold case

what did you use for the form fitting?

i havent found any references on cases

do you think you could share some of your expertise

about desiree, shes beautiful!, i love the inlay! the blue is amazing

this has to be one of my favorite builds on this forum,

ROCK ON!

thanks kenny. i used expanded polystyrene for the form fitting. the tutorial linked a few posts up is about all you're going to need really. there are some pics missing from the start, but theres some good ones at the back too. and the descriptions are easy to follow