What's up with the dork in the hat?Is nobody real anymore,or is it all just an act for money?

I am guessing that back when the young Slash was Saul, he listened to one of the all time classic albums and looked at the cover.

t-rex.jpg

In a blinding flash of epiphany his whole life had meaning and direction, the dirty boogie riffs, the look, the 'tude. The picture of the dude in the rebel topper was tattooed into his brain.

Perhaps when he was younger, Master Bates, oops, I mean Master Gates had the same experience with a trilby :D

Edited by Muzz
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue against Tesla being an "image" band.

I agree they were great musicians...but unfortunately they were promoted by the record company as a "good looking hair band"...which I think killed them with the serious listeners...IMO

But I have to say...Tesla are much greater talents than The Black Crowes.

Oh sure, but when Jimi burns a guitar it's a part of rock history... ;o

half man ,half woman thing.

The word you are looking for is "androgenous".

Thanks man,I did not take that class in school.....but I did have a little kid come by the other day ,and he told me he learned half a word today,,,,he learned MOTHER....( it's a joke ) Oh , by the way ,there is more than a guitar flaming in that photo.( another joke )

Tesla were definitely better musicians than the Black Crowes. But the Black Crowes had/have a better vibe. "She Talks to Angels", "Twice as Hard", and even "Remedy" were better and more memorable recordings than anything Tesla came out with.