Another Kl Les Paul

huh. and now my builds are still less than the crap the import fenders put out? and they wouldnt even pass inspection? how the heck would he know? he doesnt have it in his hands? this is just total crap.

No, it's gospel truth.

A guitar with pickups that don't work, or a guitar with too narrow neck for the bridge would not pass inspection at any guitar factory. You don't need to see or feel the guitar to know that.

How about you stop getting protective, and *listen* to what people are suggesting - if you don't you'll never improve, and you'll be right back where you were a few weeks ago, considering jacking it all in. We all make mistakes, but you have to learn how to slavage them, when not to bother, and how to avoid making them again.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do listen. and just because one of my guitars had a small problem doesnt mean that all of my guitars are trash and i shouldnt waste good wood because they arnt good enough. its people like him that make others not even care to post. wich is what im going to do now. no more progress threads.

and if mine would get rejected, that means that more than 60 percent of guitars built on here would get rejected. there are only like 4 builders on here that make perfect guitars. and if i diddnt say anything about my mess ups, i can guarantee none of you would ever have noticed. thats how small the mistakes are.

i do listen. and just because one of my guitars had a small problem doesnt mean that all of my guitars are trash and i shouldnt waste good wood because they arnt good enough. its people like him that make others not even care to post. wich is what im going to do now. no more progress threads.

Earlier in the thread you said:

but i made the whole neck taper a little thin, and it might be too thin for the string spacing. if it is, i will end up wasting the neck and the body, and will have to start from scratch with nothing, wich will take months before i can build again. i hate that i can never do anything right the first time no matter how long i take my time or anything.

Which indicates to me that you encounter problems quite a bit.

I'm not putting you down, i think you're very talented, but you need to learn to take time and listen to advice being given, or plan twice as hard next time.

You should stop fighting with these people, they're just trying to help you and give you input on what you're doing.

how was any of that help? not one thing anyone said in the last page or so was help. telling me that my guitars arnt worth wasting the wood im using isnt helping. and i never asked for help. not in this thread. and they keep assuming that i just do things without planning. no matter how much i say that, it doesnt make a difference. but what do i know. i guess you all think im just lying and i attmept to make a guitar by improvising.

Edited by killemall8

You know there is a whole range of shades or grey which exist between black and white... right?

Just because people point out ways to improve your work, and try to suggest how to avoid mistakes or resolve problems you have, doesn't mean that everything you've done is crap.

Nobody has ever said that everything you did is garbage, or that you waste wood except you. If you believe this, you're wrong, and that's your problem, but you do the other members of this board a gross diservice by placing the responsibility for the comment at their door.

you really dont like me do you? and you tell me the same thing every time "More time :D , less time posting"

I never said I didn't like you or your work and if I'm telling you something more than once, it's for good reason. You have talent and I think you could be a really good luthier if you'd simply take the time to plan what you're doing and listen to what others are telling you. Nobody is jumping to conclusions about your actions because your work product speaks for itself.

Your problem is that you are skipping over basic steps and fundamentals in a rush to complete less than perfect builds. Not "caring" what kind of wood you're building the guitar with is simply foolish. Not "caring" to plan and measure every cut and joint is simply wasteful of materials and time. People here build and modify guitars on their own because they can't get that customization they desire from the factory. When you're building instruments that wouldn't get past QC at Fender Indonesia simply because you're making stupid mistakes and ignoring valuable advice and free resources, what's the point of hacking up a perfectly good piece of wood?

and any guitar that wont pass in those factories would be trash. and me making one small "stupid" mistakes and "not caring" what the heck is your problem? i never once said that i dont care and dont plan anything. you are just making all of that crap out of nowhere. i never ever once said that. seriously? what the heck is your problem? and no one else thinks its anything? "oh hes just trying to help" ya right. i would much rather someone never post then to get this crap.

Edited by killemall8

I think you honestly should grow up and stop asking people what their problem is because no matter what anyone says to you you always take it the wrong way, nobody here has to give advice to you, they choose to, and if your sick of all the "bashing" you are getting why do you keep coming back to the forum and posting. I am 16 and i have a better sence of maturity then you do.

Bass-man :D

I think you may be reading some of those replies in a tone in which they weren't intended.

It's easy to misinterpret without the benefit of being in the same room with the person with whom you're conversing.

Some people have offered opinions and advice, and have said what they thought they should say; let's just move on from here.

Exactly.

Dude, I hope you don't quit this forum. I think you've contributed alot. So some toes were stepped on and feelings got hurt. Well, it happens.

You still crank out some sweet guitars and I bet you learn from every mistake.

Personally, I would not react the way you have to the criticism. The criticism is very harsh and sometimes inappropriate (being mean instead of helpful), but I would just take that in stride. It's not a big deal.

Keep rockin'.