Thanks guys!

We had egg rolls (homemade) and key lime pie for dinner tonight and I'm having a party saturday. We got this sweet foosball table for my birthday, it's butcher block construction with real hardwood, and of course it goes in the indoor shop. :D

I'll have to take some pictures of it. I also got guitar hero 3 and of course I stole the electronics out of it and put it in one of my real electrics. :D Pics to come as well. I was going to do a quick write up of how to do it (it's not all that complicated anyways)

Heck yeah this is a sweet birthday. and I'm getting my license soon.

To drive of course. I've been putting it off the last two years. Evey time my parents would ask if I wanted to start learning to drive I'd just change the subject.

LOL, I did the same thing.

I turned 18 in August and decided to get my learner's permit so I could get some actual driving experience first.

Egg rolls and key lime pie, that sounds good! Happy birthday!

:D

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

As with Rich, I grabbed mine learners permit at 15 and got my license on my 16th bday. I started working at 15 1/2 with a workers permit, so I needed to drive asap. Its nice to be able to drive and it doesn't take long to learn, just maintain your respect for the road, the red asphalt movie we watched during drivers training is what gained my attention and developed my respect. Sounded like a good Bday! J

i too procrastinated on driving. i got my permit on time, but never used it or attempted to drive. i was so afraid of driving with my parents because they are crazy and uptight about everything. my dad would get mad if i diddnt do anything right the first time, and say im an idiot. but i finally got mine last october. it is a huge relief, and comes in handy so much.

i still havnt done my driving test.. i wanted a guitar for my 17 birthday instead... still trying to find the money to learn yet strangely i have enough money each month to spend on guitar stuff

..and as soon as i know how to drive that means i will have to share driving responsability :D

i still havnt done my driving test.. i wanted a guitar for my 17 birthday instead... still trying to find the money to learn yet strangely i have enough money each month to spend on guitar stuff

..and as soon as i know how to drive that means i will have to share driving responsability :D

Wait, your profile says your 27, is that right? and you still don't have your license? Oh well maybe it's different in the UK. Here in Texas you don't go anywhere unless you can drive. Luckily I have 3 people in my house who drive, so I can pretty much go anywhere I want anytime.

I've been to the States (Texas, Florida and California) and I live in the UK, and it's completely different - it's such a smaller country you're always a 10-15 minute walk or public transport journey away. Without driving I can be anywhere in the country within 4-5 hours (not flying either). From what I've seen of the US it's geared up for people to drive - LA was just big big roads/freeways, Texas is so spread out you have to drive.

I learned at 19 though, been driving 4-5 years now, love the freedom it gives me. Enjoy it :D