Wenge/quilt Double Cut

I guess I'll make a thread for this guitar, it's pretty cool. The second one we've done with this double cut shape.

The body has a wenge back with quilt top and the neck is birdseye/ebony board with an ebony accent line through the scarf and headstock overlay.

It will have EMG 81/60 pickups and be finished in gloss blue.

P1130288.jpg

P1130289.jpg

I like the way this is coming out, Daniel. It's much more interesting to look at than the other PRS-style double cuts. I'm not really feeling the swoosh on the headstock; I feel like the angles of the headstock and the swoosh conflict. But it ain't mine to say, so hey.

I feel the sound of this guitar being bright bright bright! Wenge, maple, ebony, and EMGs? Damn :D

I see some pencil marks around the TOM area. Are you recessing the bridge/tail?

The pencil marks were just the bridge outline used earlier, it's not recessed, it just has a neck angle.

The swoosh is what the customer wants, so it stays :D

It's the same guy who got the last single cut with this exact wood combo and the swoosh on the headstock.

and yeah the sound of the last one was on the bright side, but not over bright at all, just well defined. Perfect for the kind of music this guy plays.

BTW the body is all carved now and I'm fretting the neck (among other things) today.

Me? I play mostly mainstream christian rock on electric, (Anberlin, Switchfoot, Skillet, Kutless and stuff like that) and whatever the heck I feel like on acoustic, mostly rhythm stuff. But this guitar isn't for me, it's for a guy named Paul.

Currently I don't even own an electric guitar as I've sold them all. :D But I'm building myself a swamp ash double cut (same shape as this one) that I'm promising myself I wont sell. :D (like that will ever happen)

Yeah it seems people assume that because you built it it's for sale or something. I play one at a gig and people are just randomly like "so how much do you want for it?" as I think to myself, "umm yeah I never said it's for sale".

I mean people don't just randomly ask people if they want to sell their PRS's or taylors :D

Yeah it seems people assume that because you built it it's for sale or something. I play one at a gig and people are just randomly like "so how much do you want for it?" as I think to myself, "umm yeah I never said it's for sale".

I mean people don't just randomly ask people if they want to sell their PRS's or taylors :D

Perhaps they also assume you can just build another one.

• 4 months later...

Very, very nice! Great spraying weather we've been having lately, huh? Is this a bolt on or set neck?

• 2 weeks later...

That body is nice but it really is nothing to me, I see that kind of thing all the time, What I really really love is your neck. it really is one of the coolest ive seen. Ive liked your work since the start and now comeing back to the forum and seeing what you have been up to now blows my mind

Very good work Man :D very "top shelf" keep it up