Bladerunner's Monstrosity

After having a few people make mention of and ask me about the guitar in my icon pic I decided to put up a few in process shots. It's further along than this now and is ready for paint. These were taken after the initial cut and then when it was almost done being shaped. The model is the Leviathan. Thanks for all the compliments and the "what the hell is wrong with you?"!! comments were equally as enjoyable! :D I'll post more when it's out of finish and ready for assembly.

I can't believe that Bladerunner nickname has stuck (shakes fist at heavens) DAMN YOU DRAK!!!!!!! B)

Leviathan.jpg

Leviathan2.jpg

The finish will be black, with trans blue over it so that you only see the blue in the reflections giving it that oily, deep sea kinda vibe. It will be satin finished.

I also have a textured finish in mind, but may keep it for the next model i designed. Thanks for the compliment :D

the only stuff you couyld ever posablly play on that without looking very out of place would be a ridiculous spinal tap-esque 500 bpm tapping solo. even then you would have to be wearing tight leather trousers, a black t shirt and you would absolutelly have to have a mullet

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to finishing this one off.

As far as the tail breakage concerns, It would actually take a good hit. When I designed it I thought of that and decided to do multi laminate bodies. That way you have one or 2 glue joints in the tail that add to the strength and interrupt the grain making it stand up to more abuse. The picture doesn't show it and it's a hard seam to see in erpson too, but it's a 2 piece body. I've actually bounced it off the desk tail first a few times and have been pleasantly suprised how well it holds up.

There's a solution for everything! Thanks again for the kind words.

PS- If i ever caught someone with a mullet touching my Leviathan, the only thing that would look out of place would be foot hanging out of his butt! :D

These shapes are not for people worried about if they fit in!

PS- If i ever caught someone with a mullet touching my Leviathan, the only thing that would look out of place would be foot hanging out of his butt! 

These shapes are not for people worried about if they fit in!

good to hear. peoplestill havnt realised that a mullet is a fish not a haircut. wearing one on your head and waving it about is not only very silly but it also smells.

btw, what the hell kinda headstock have you got planned for that?? i cant posablly imagine what itcould be lol