Latest Work Nearly Finished

Ok thought you guys might give me some feedback on this one,its more for show than go,its an Ibanez grg170dx. I took the blade to it and cut flames in around the horns intending to keep the well known RG outline that I love and painted her up after adding bevels.Its almost done,just waiting on a new headstock decal which will be burried in the clear on the headstock,need to track down some black knobs and paint the cavity covers and truss rod cover in matching red. Whether you guys love it or hate it feel free to let me know!.

2w4bcqa.jpg25ssavq.jpg2a8rv3q.jpg23vmd1l.jpgncl1df.jpg:D

Cool! Good to see a fellow Melbournian on here!

What you've done is awesome, especially the finishing, I love the fact you have to look twice at the skulls in the middle.

Where do you get your finishing supplies from? And for that matter, what kind of finish is it?

That's neat work indeed metz. I like the cut outs on the horns and the finish looks great, though must have been a pain in the proverbail finishing inside those cutouts!

The only part on it that detracts slightly for me, is the red (binding effect) along the edge of the fretbopard and the detailing on the back of the neck. I'd have been tempted to maybe tone down the back of the neck detail slightly, as compared to the really neat subtle effect on the face of the guitar, the back of the neck looks kinda 'ordinary' by comparison. But hey, that's just my personal taste and I'm sure many would disagree.

Overall a great job, like it a lot.

Jim :D

I have to say I really like the shape of that body, and how it just flows brilliantly. I'm in total awe of how nice the finish has turned out on the body, and it really has a transparent vibe, especially with those skulls in the middle.

I'm personally not too keen on the decal on the back of the fretboard, but that said, I admire the effort you have done for that.

Can't wait to see how it looks with the completed neck :D

I'm personally not too keen on the decal on the back of the fretboard, but that said, I admire the effort you have done for that.

I don't think that's a decal, which makes it even cooler that he went through the trouble to mask all that off perfectly. I think it looks great!

When you did the red, did you spray it or pinstripe it? Either way looks awesome.

I don't think that's a decal, which makes it even cooler that he went through the trouble to mask all that off perfectly. I think it looks great!

When you did the red, did you spray it or pinstripe it? Either way looks awesome.

I meant to say detail, not decal, shh, sleeping patterns are screwed up. :D

Id like to say thanks for all the feedback on this one,Im proud to say that all of the red work (flames & pinstriping) was masked and spayed by hand,I did contemplate redoing the neck just black again but keeping the pinstripe (deleting the flames) just keep in mind I intend to paint the cavity covers in the same red as the flames,do u guys think the back would look better that way...let me know :D:D

Id like to say thanks for all the feedback on this one,Im proud to say that all of the red work (flames & pinstriping) was masked and spayed by hand,I did contemplate redoing the neck just black again but keeping the pinstripe (deleting the flames) just keep in mind I intend to paint the cavity covers in the same red as the flames,do u guys think the back would look better that way...let me know :DB)

If it was one of my guitars I'd leave the backplates black. In my opinion too much distracting colour takes away from the cool reshaping you've done. Just my opinion, but as has rightly been said to me before, sometimes less is more.

Jim :D

That is one awesome guitar metz. Can you say guitar of the month? Are you going to get some skull knobs?

I was tossing up whether to get scull knobs or just go with some black ones from an rg, also maybe some new tuners in cosmo or black.

P.S does anyone know if ican get a black Ibanez Fat 10 trem,thought I might bail the chrome look atogether???

Anybody....anybody...anybody...?

If you're going to go with skull knobs, look up the web site for Dreadmeister ... a guy called Sid in New Zealand. He has skull knobs and tuners that are fair dinkum ... not like a lot of the 'toy' stuff you see around.

:D

Hey thanks for that,not sure about skull knobs or black ones from an rg,anyone feel like expressing theyre opinion,would be appreciated. :D