Telecaster Deluxe Project

I have been playing with ideas for my tele deluxe project. I am making a padauk neck with a maple fretboard and maple skunk stripe. I can't decide if I want to make it a walnut body with a black pickguard, or a black alder body with a cream pickguard. I already have the wood for the neck and I'm working on it. any ideas?

blackteledeluxecopy.jpgwalnutteledeluxecopy.jpg

Whichever you choose, be prepared for that paduk to turn brown over time. Be sure to factor that into your color scheme and thought process.

Were it me, I'd go with a 1-piece maple neck and the walnut body. With it being a T-Deluxe, you'll have the opportunity to have just about everything under the P/G hollowed out. It could almost be like a chambered body. Just food for thought. :D

• 3 months later...

I did some inlays and side markers. The inlays are Pearl dots with paduak dust and CA glue to make the red surround of the dots. The side markers are paduak dust and CA glue. It is now ready for grainfilling and clear. The body is cut and should be making some headway on the routing soon.

neckreadyforclearsmall3.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall2.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall4.jpg

I did some inlays and side markers. The inlays are Pearl dots with paduak dust and CA glue to make the red surround of the dots. The side markers are paduak dust and CA glue. It is now ready for grainfilling and clear. The body is cut and should be making some headway on the routing soon.

neckreadyforclearsmall3.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall2.jpg

neckreadyforclearsmall4.jpg

wow, great inlays!! How did you manage to keep the pearl centered so that the dust rings around the outside would be symetrical?

• 1 month later...