Coolest Body Shapes

Hey, I've been trying to decide on a body shape for my guitar and I went to google to try and find a website that has a list of a lot of body shapes but I had no luck. I don't know if this is allowed here or not and if it's not, I'm sorry :D. So what do you guys think is the coolest guitar body design, whether it be your own design or from your favorite brand name guitar. INCLUDE PICTURES!!! I will add mine in a second. :DB)

Also, if you want to add your favorite headstock shape that would be cool too!

My favorite shape and headstock:

Vendetta4FloydRose.JPG

Edited by gtrplyr

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Avenger is pretty cool. I've been accused of stealing from the Dean Cadillac.

front.jpg

The Retrotron is great. This one is stolen - from the Danelectro bowtie.

wip07.jpg

An SG will always be cool. But... it has to be heritage cherry with the double-sided pickguard.

sg1.jpg

But nothing topps the ***???? of a Teuffel Birdfish.

teu-bfguitar.jpg

An Avenger is pretty cool. I've been accused of stealing from the Dean Cadillac.

front.jpg

this one is awesome, did u make it?

I don't feel too conceited in saying that my favorite shape is my own guitar, after all - if it wasn't my favorite shape - I wouldn't have built it that way, B)

100_1819Large.jpg

:D:DB) that is amazing. i hope i can be able to do something like that someday. that headstock is also orgasmic!

Edited by gtrplyr

this one is awesome, did u make it?

I made the first two.

I don't feel too conceited in saying that my favorite shape is my own guitar, after all - if it wasn't my favorite shape - I wouldn't have built it that way

that is amazing. i hope i can be able to do something like that someday. that headstock is also orgasmic!

The only way to make that happen is to get in there and work. But before you do that, READ. Seriously - read everything you can get your hands on about building electric guitars and basic woodworking. Then read it all again. Then go back and read the bits that apply directly to what you're wanting to do. Point taken? :D :D B)

I don't feel too conceited in saying that my favorite shape is my own guitar, after all - if it wasn't my favorite shape - I wouldn't have built it that way, :D

100_1819Large.jpg

+1! One of the shapes I build is very similar to yours. I'm a fan of extended upper horns. My 3x3 headstock shape is similar as well.

Here is my current favorite shape:

ptnuke5.jpg

I won't have no pics till I figure out this photobucket stuff but -

I like the first post's shape, it's very similar to mine and I like 3-a-side tuning pegs. Six-a-side is such a hit-and miss affair when tuning

And plus 3-a-side looks better

I love the Les Paul shape and I'm buying another one soon, but if building another gittar I have to put forward the argument, why build something you can buy?

Don't stuff-around making something you can buy off-the-shelf

If you're going to build something then make it different!

Everything I say has to be taken with a pinch of salt and I take it all back if it offends anyone and btw see sig

I always have had a thing for the Iceman shape...with the original 3+3 long headstock...but never owned one.

The strat and derivatives is still a great design aesthetically and practically...currently playing my own tele, but used to play an LP exclusively...still like a lot of the classic gibson "shapes" like the explorer, firebird and V...but that kind fo thing seems to have evaded Gibson since the 60's...heck they even deleted the LP from the catalogue at one stage!