Can-opener

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that those are steinberger tuners. Why did you put those on there? Those are really expensive aren't they?

Yes , they are .I bought a set and have decided, I do not care for them.They are a PITA for doing a setup IMO.Anybody else have any experence with them?

I just noticed that those are Steinberger tuners. Why did you put those on there? Those are really expensive aren't they?

They run about $90/set for chrome, so yea, you could call them really expensive. I had them on the Tele I made that has a Bigsby on it. I HATED using them in combination with the Bigsby, so I traded them out for some traditional tuners and used the Steinbergers on this one.

I bought a set and have decided, I do not care for them. They are a PITA for doing a setup IMO. Anybody else have any experence with them?

They have their own little nuances you need to get used to. After that, I think they're great. I totally disagree with Dean about them being difficult during setup. They're extremely accurate (42:1 IIRC), so setting the intonation was a LOT easier than with regular tuners.

The colours work for me, it looks really nice for a travel guitar. Which are its final dimentions ? I think that it needs a custom case!

The body is 1 1/2" thick, +/- 11 1/2" at the widest points, and +/- 17" from the tip of the pocket to the bottom. The overall length is 35". No info on weight, but it's really light... almost as light as my Steinberger. If you think it needs a custom case, feel free to get sewing!

Thanks for the kind words. It'll show in next month's GOTM for sure.

I didn't intend to make it any different than the original. I don't doubt that it may be narrower up top considering I basically eyeballed the template. All things considering, I think I got pretty close to the original.

• 2 years later...

Time for a re-build!

(nearly) one-piece ash Corvus

I had to add a little width onto the body, but the grain was laid out pretty well, so you'd have to be looking for it to see it.

It'll have a cherry fretboard, blue/white block inlays, white p/g, strat set, and all of the ash will be dyed blue.

wip38.jpg

fretboard with inlays

wip39.jpg