Blac & White Swirl Done.

I guess this deserves a thread of it's own :D Sorry for bad pics. Those were taken right after dipping and there's still some water drops in there. Quite happy with the result. In some pics you may see a test body shape I dipped in before.

3743422.jpg

3743434.jpg

3743441.jpg

3743451.jpg

3743456.jpg

3743462.jpg

What do you think? Two paint drops there but not so bad, I guess.

Thank you!

Today I started clearcoating the body. I didn't use anything to remove the water drops, so some of them became

small dark points. But it doesn't matter. The surface of the paint was quite even. No big paint droppings in there.

I hope it'll turn up nice looking and hoping I won't screw up the clear coating =) I guess 5-7 coats will be enough?

No idea. This is my first real guitar swirl and first time for clear coating..

hey dude,

looks good, really good, i have done a couple of swirls myself i must say this makes mine look bad well done

a few questions though, is that a white base? did you then swirl black and white or just the black? also what paint and clear coat did you use?

cheers

luke

a few questions though, is that a white base? did you then swirl black and white or just the black? also what paint and clear coat did you use?

Yeah, I painted the guitar white. Except the trem cavity, which I painted black. I used gloss Revell oil paints (those small cans) and dipped the

guitar in black and white. Haven't clearcoated this one yet.