Aanj- How Do They Attach To The Body?

Yes, AANJ is a big improvement but there are some builders who feel it doesn't provide enough stability. For example, although Suhr's recent neck joint design appears superficially similar to the AANJ, I think he said that internally the neck and body are "locked" together with some interlocking design. There was a thread here awhile back (or was it over on the Gear Page?) that depicted the many different types of neck joint options. It was interesting to see all the elaborations on the basic AANJ concept to improve neck access.

Bert

Edited by stratoskier

I've wondered about making dovetails on the sides of the pocket that would slide into grooves in the neck. Maybe just rabbits & dadoes. That would essentially eliminate any possibility of the neck pulling forward and reduce the attachment to one bolt. Were one clever, it could be hidden fairly easily.

Lulz. I just wondered some ways how to make neck joints. Like using Pegs. Switches. Magnets.

Actually, magnets would be awesome if they didn't mess with the pickups. But... You would need a strong magnet to hold the neck, meaning it would probably mess with the pups, and you probably wouldn't be able to pull the neck off if you needed too...

You don't need a plate, its just there so the screws don't impale into the wood at the head. Logos and Serial numbers also.

My first build's bolt-on joint didnt have a plate, nor ferrules. I just used those screw cup things, thin bits of brass. A year later, still going strong, neck joints impossible to shift by hand, tuning stability's great. I wouldnt do it again, but it can work.

My first build's bolt-on joint didnt have a plate, nor ferrules. I just used those screw cup things, thin bits of brass. A year later, still going strong, neck joints impossible to shift by hand, tuning stability's great. I wouldnt do it again, but it can work.

were they similar to these http://www.zjzhenhua.com/pro-09-03/big/screw-cup-washer.jpg ?