Yes Its Buggered... But Its A F**cking John Birch!

WezV

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna strip it - that much i have decided. so i will be refinishing it and want to see how the repaired splits look before deciding on colour.

I really like the tobacco or the blue

Yea the blue is prety cool. Suppose the glue lines will dictate the lines of any burst, & if you can use translucent coloures of not. Might have to be solid.

Either way, keep the piks comin. im interested to see how this turns out.

• 1 month later...

90% stripped - and i am very busy. i stopped at 90% as i used a chemical stripper for the body and did not want to eat all the binding away, so the neck will be finalised the slow way - by sanding the finish away

its a done when done project for me, no pressure

• 7 months later...

well, i finally got this back together. - although i still need to remake the backplate

i did the finish myself so its far from perfect, and you will notice it still has the dimarzio p-ups. thats because i still have not sourced any of the originals - but this sounds so good i dont really mind at all

it ended up solid black as the cracks had a bit too much discolouration to be able to hide - they went back together perfectly, but were still too noticeable to have on display and i decided black would be pretty cool anyway

P1000702.jpg

yeah, he did go a bit knob crazy :D

i have actually changed the wiring in this to more standard les paul style, but still with the master volume. the two behind bridge are not currently wired in - but will probably be a varitone and phase switch. i have absolutely no use for the stereo wiring, so its gone for now