Power Strat Thingy

Body - yew back , 10mm beech then a 2mm mahogany veneer and topped off with a carved elm burl top with matching headstock. A yew fretboard with mother-of-pearl inlays. Gotoh tuners, an Edge Pro 2 bridge, Seymour Duncan pick-ups, single volume, a 3-way toggle and 1 DPDT switches for each pick-up.

First off the body shape couldn't make up my mind what body type to go with PRS,RG,Baretta or my own so I mixed them all up . :D

1-6.jpg

5-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

Trying to find the right piece for the head veneer this nearly drove me mad .

IMAG0313.jpg

Ok veneer glued on and fret board started .

IMAG0315.jpg

Shaping the head.

IMAG0317.jpg

So far so good.Oh yea big thanks to Rad for the neck idea I can't go back to conventional neck building again.

IMAG0320.jpg

Edited by Menapia

So far so good.Oh yea big thanks to Rad for the neck idea I can't go back to conventional neck building again.

You are welcome.

I borrowed the initial idea from someone here then expanded it a little by adding multiple layers.

I like the guitar so far. The headstock looks dangerous... try not to poke anyones eyes out.

Use more clamps!

Excellent.

The fretboard is amazing. The body came out great. Nice work on the heal. I like the way you kept the look of a bolt on but maximized the access.

The headstock looks dangerous. The scarf turned out interesting. I did something similar on my Neon RG but have since moved away from letting the scarf get into the headstock (just a personal preference).

Might be cool on the next one to add some frets to the angled section on the fretboard.

Can't wait to see the next build!