Osorio - Explorer Bass

Osorio

I don't have a pic to explain, but the top of the neck will aligned with the top of the body, making the fretboard higher than the rest, aligned with the saddles of bridge.

I have done this last weekend but had no picture.

Tks by the "beauteful guitars" Souls!

• 2 months later...

Slot the inlay? :D

What supplebanana is getting at is, the inlay will have to be slotted wider and the frets glued and clamped overnight as if you try to hammer frets into that the shell will humpty dumpty on you.

Something stronger than woodglue as it won't attach to the fretwire.

Slot the inlay? :D

What supplebanana is getting at is, the inlay will have to be slotted wider and the frets glued and clamped overnight as if you try to hammer frets into that the shell will humpty dumpty on you.

Something stronger than woodglue as it won't attach to the fretwire.

:D I knew that B)

As in I didn't :)

:D I knew that :D

As in I didn't B)

When you start working with pearl, it's hard - but very brittle. It'll shatter when trying to cut something delicate. Can't flex it. CAn';t breath the dust in. It's temperamental.

So if this case, if you tried to hammer a fret into it - the stuff would just split and the inlay would fall out. Even cutting a fret slot through pearl I've had the stuff break up on me. Have to be real careful. A lot of the time people cut the pearl so it's just outside of the fretslot to avoid these issues, it also means you can get away with using smaller pieces of pearl.

What dust *can* we breath in? That is our number one occupational hazard right there. Other than sticking fingers in jointers and spindle moulders of course. :D

Well I have two friends, each one has done the above that you mentioned... one a spindle moulder, the other a jointer. It's a constant reminder to me to be CAREFUL - especially when they point at stuff and are missing a finger from the knuckle down.

• 2 weeks later...

In fact, this inlays are not mop, but acrylic mop laser cutted.

The big skull had to be re-sloted with a little bit bigger saw.

Frets, in this point, couldn't to be placed with presure in the slot. I'm in agreement with all you guys, the inlay will pop out or break. So, I just put in place and glue with cianoacrylate. Still have some glue excess to clean.

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...