Project S907_express

[Well if you design it ill try build it. Though Id get lost with the electronics in the damned thing, Im still fairly certain that there is a global conspiracy of electricity fairys. that electrik stuff just baffels the hell outa me. Witch craft i tells ya.

Well - if you think this lot is witch-craft & elec-trickery you'd better not see the stuff I work with in my day-job. High freq microwave radio transceivers..... now THAT is a Black Art - people have been burned for less, lol. I could tell you about it....but then I'd have to kill ya ;-).

P7110082.jpg

BTW, any progress with this ? Those multiscale pups are not for in here, or am I missing something ?

That 7 string Express is hanging in the office awaiting parts. Should get here this week... however I am on vacation next 2 weekends so you will not see any progress.

Multiscales Pickups are for Wes.

I have a second set ready to go in Mahogany as they were the tests. They fit Doug's multiscale neck.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting transition from fretboard to top, have you done that before?

SR

No.

I wanted it to look like a bass guitar.... I thought it would look cool as a set neck single humbucker is hard to pull off. (in a solid body with no top)

I still may sand the Bocote fretboard back and expose some of the padauk... not sure yet.

So you have nothing against bass guitars, just bass players? It does look cool. I like the bocote transition. I first wondered why you didn't sand it flush after that fillet, then I noticed that the Padauk neck would show. That would probably just look like an exposed neck joint wishing it had a top to cover it. I think you took the best option.

SR

So you have nothing against bass guitars, just bass players? It does look cool. I like the bocote transition. I first wondered why you didn't sand it flush after that fillet, then I noticed that the Padauk neck would show. That would probably just look like an exposed neck joint wishing it had a top to cover it. I think you took the best option.

SR

That is what I was thinking. I felt like a blast of red might be too much...

As for Bass players I like them strange as they are. They will willingly embrace new technology and innovation.

Guitarists are idiotic slaves to archaic voodoo traditions that as a species have somehow escaped Darwinism.

"As for Bass players I like them strange as they are. They will willingly embrace new technology and innovation".

I have never figured out why that statement is so true.

"Guitarists are idiotic slaves to archaic voodoo traditions"

+1 but it seems the youngins are only willing to step out of the box if their "guitar hero de jour" has already stepped out of the box for them and tried something new first- THEN they will follow the lead.

PS- I am so jealous of that pic with the 5 guitars on your workbench. It would take me- literally- 5+ years to get that much work done. NIce work as alway bro.

+1 on young guitarist lemmings... (I think I was one back in the day)

Yea I think we all were.

But eventually I got sick of guitar makers not building what i wanted to play so I started making my own. Innovation central here I come !! except it turns out that what I like is actually fairly traditional :huh: , But they are good, so screw it :rock