Spalted Multiscale

I got the nut shaped and slotted and the strings on.I need to do some tweaking to the fret job before my pots come in.It also looks like I may need to make a baseplate for the bridge saddles after all,because adjusting the height of the saddles to where they need to be ends up with the "set screw" not really contacting the wall of the saddle like it should.

534232_457681880939138_785697939_n.jpg

I did get a chance to play it some though.it doesn't feel awkward at all except for the #6 string in the first position,because my hand ends up behind the nut on the treble side

Thanks,Muzz.

I got the neck all lightened up..thinned it down and thinned the headstock.Now the entire guitar weighs an even 6 pounds including all hardware and electronics.What that really boils down to is that I originally left .8 pounds on the neck and headstock that i did not need.

I still may need to add some weight in the control cavity once I get it wired up.

Okay,so the adjustments for the neck angle

This template Doug sent with his multiscale fretboard really comes in handy,though the holes are a bit farther back than he has them

270643_458028544237805_791765037_n.jpg

I love this phenolic sheeting.

429944_458028604237799_1952115780_n.jpg

spacers for the pickup ears,because missing the neck angle made my routing depth improper as well

255432_458028664237793_1391458277_n.jpg

I actually am glad in a way about this,because I now have more room for the pickup leads to not get crimped accidentally over time

561094_458028690904457_1751751598_n.jpg

All done...

217851_458028730904453_1805068380_n.jpg

I think all i need now are my 500k pots

Stew Mac ,is really starting to piss me off.I think if you spend more then one hundred dollars ,you should get a break in shipping.Their stuff is good ,but it is priced at very good.I can deal with that, I just hate when you buy something that will fit in a small envelop and it is over two dollars to ship.Ok ,gripe over....honey could you get me a beer.

Damn...I put a strap on it and it's neck heavy.I did not see that coming on a strat...I'll need to start the thinning process on the neck tomorrow,there is nothing worse than a neck heavy guitar

I'm liking it a lot, never been a fan of spalt, even when Drak made those great looking teles. But with it being a multiscale and the slanted pickups, it makes it appealing to me. Looking at both guitars on your wall next to each other looks like that multiscale needed the neck further down the body with a deeper cut on the treble side. Kinda like how Perry did his multiscale.

IMG_4300.jpg

Mine is further into the body than that one.His joins the body at 19,mine joins at 17...his has what appears to be 29 frets if you count the partials,otherwise the end of the fretboard would lean the same direction as the bridge.And of course Perry's is much nicer than mine...The reason mine was neck heavy is that the neck was CNCed by Doug and is naturally larger than the ones I build,but the body is 1 1/8" thick and is very light because of the spalt....

The neck had a lot of room to thin it out...I took off nearly 1/8" at the back and contoured the sides as much as I could,and I thinned the headstock from nearly 5/8" thick down to 1/2".I also made the volute much smaller.Now it balances very well.I have it all reassembled and was trying to get used to the crooked frets while I wait for pots,and it feels good.

304088_458175467556446_1828477986_n.jpg

There is a lot you haven' really seen on this build yet,but I'll get some good pics after it's all wired up.

The sound is good,but now I need to shield the cavities.I forgot to do it on this one,but as soon as I plugged in I realized my mistake.

One thing though,for some reason my two volumes only work when both are on,so I had to disconnect the neck pickup to get the bridge to work by itself.Anyone know what I did wrong?

564695_458864750820851_1731178300_n.jpg