Streamlined Jr With Some Secret Weapons

This is a commission for a friend. One piece swamp ash body, quartersawn cherry neck, rosewood fretboard. It'll have an onboard fuzz circuit with some special features. Stay tuned for more.

Here's the body shaped and neck blank prepped. This piece of ash is beautiful and amazingly light. The neck is from a pretty interesting board, it's got yellow, green and pink streaks all through it. I straightened and smoothed it with the help of my brand new Grizzly jointer, which so far is amazing. This is going to make my life way easier.

472124_449375518434641_1569099259_o.jpg

Edited by whalehazard

Thanks, Charlie. The name is taken from a pirate name generator. It was something like Nathaniel Whalehazzard. I thought it sounded ridiculous, and I've always been strangely fascinated (for a midwesterner) in maritime history, especially the whaling trade. I don't know, it seemed like a logical move. And then I drew the logo and I knew it was the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry no pics for a while. The customer changed his mind about the headstock, so now it's going to look like the duo I'm building in my other thread. The fretboard inlays will be different, but the binding and logo will be mostly the same. That delayed things, and since then, I've been on tour and had some painting work to do. I'll slot the fretboard tomorrow and then start on the inlays.

131570_465089403529919_1403374576_o.jpg

382094_465089400196586_440428497_n.jpg

I also now have the electronics for this, I'm gonna do a test wiring in a cheapo LP copy.

• 1 month later...