started inlay.

Snork

check out my mountain scene in ACRYLIC OOOO and its LIT!! ooooo. circuit is done.... wiring shiz is done.... just need to add details.

the pictures do it no justice it looks SOOOOoooooooooooooooo cool in person. i would like to hear clavin/lgms response to this new idea of lit inlay.

cheers,

Sam Fisher

so stupid i forgot to add the link... sorry folks a little tired. lol http://www.cardomain.com/id/snork234

Cheerio!

Edited by Snork

well played snork, that looks damn good. how are you doing the lighting? is it just LEDs a battery pack and some resistors or have you got a few other things in there? how many LEDs are you using to light it?

Hi Sam

That guitar looks great.

I hate to burst your bubble, however lighted inlays have been done before, by Larry Robinson.

He's done just about everything..

Maybe not to the extent of your fully lit mountains..

Looking forward to seeing the completed pics.. Keep up the good work! It only gets easier.

On another note, my "new" site is up and running, the galleries are easier to load, and much easier to use. It's still www.handcraftinlay.com

Check out Guitarist Don Alder as well. He's an incredible acoustic fingerstyle player. He has a video link on my site. His two hand acoustic style is unreal.

I have agreed to inlay Don's next four custom guitars for him, all with my signature marine life inlays.

Look forward to seahorses, orcas, wolfs ( O.K.. no fish) and some other things.

Craig

darn! I will definately apply lit inlay to most of my pieces I'm just not good enough at inlay to do the details of a seahorse...etc. Curse you larry robinson! oh well, I'll definately check out your new site. Good luck with the customs! Thanks for the praise!

Good luck mate,

Sam Fisher

Looks neat, but how are you going to fret it once it's in the fingerboard? i think you might lose some light once the frets are in, also, inlaying something that big is going to be a challenge, especially if all thoe mountains come to a fine tip, it looks cool but you still have your work cut out for you :D

no doubt,

just thought of something cool though, you should frost the back of the inlay so it looks white when it's not on, but i duno how you're planning on sanding the front once it's radiused in with the board... frosted or transparent?

http://www.svc.com/ellightedstrip.html

This is the ideal thing to use. I and using it for the mountain and other parts of my inlay. It dispurses light even more evenly than a cold cathode, and MUCH more than a stupid LED. An led is like bottle rocket of a light, the cold cathode is like a SUV and a lighted EL strip is the Honda Insight. the light is perfectly spread through, and a lot of light is generated. Also i can strech it throughout the fretboard pinpointing exact locations that i need the light the most. Plus the strip looks very much like paper, and it is very low profile, i just have to route a little extra from the inverter. No big deal. This way i won'nt have light cut off by the frets because the light is coming from below the acrylic. It will be great.

Hugs n' kisses,

Sam Fisher

no doubt,

just thought of something cool though, you should frost the back of the inlay so it looks white when it's not on, but i duno how you're planning on sanding the front once it's radiused in with the board... frosted or transparent?

Frosting is great, but you need a sandblaster. It's a great look, and the offer frosting stuff in a can but I heard it does not work too well on acrylic, that novax polish stuff is great, it fills in all the the gaps and makes them smooth and shiny again. I actually wanted a frost effect for the snow... it would be cool. but i cant afford a sandblaster. I'd be glad to make a tutorial for frosting and inlaying with acrylic and lighting it.