does this happen to you?

Curtis P

Your kinda tired, and your sittin here at the computer, not really doin anything, you got a guitar in your hands and your just kinda playin a couple of songs, then you go into something that you know to well, but your not even thinkin bout it, your fingers are just movin, and they are movin better then when your thinkin bout it? I was playin Crazy Train, just the intro, before it moved into the bar chord part, i looked at my fingerin hand and its just movin like a pros hand! never moved like that before, so i tried a different song, # of the beast, same thing! it was awesome!! has anything like this happened to you when your tired and not thinkin bout it and your hand just goes nuts?

Curtis

ya i agree with mr metal mod, just a new level of looseness for your fingers, there's also the "getting in the groove" factor.. but that takes a while and is just the result of being really warmed up...

i have known the song cept for the solo since the summer! i still cant play the intro, i cant pull off, it sounds bad....

Wes, i know your goin to be upset cuz you spent a while tryin to teach it to me, but i still dont get it! ohh well, i will learn eventually!

Curtis

i have known the song cept for the solo since the summer! i still cant play the intro, i cant pull off, it sounds bad....

Wes, i know your goin to be upset cuz you spent a while tryin to teach it to me, but i still dont get it! ohh well, i will learn eventually!

Curtis

There's an excellent finger exercise here (go down to "Pinky/Ring Finger Exercise" on that page) that reminds me a LOT of that intro ("Crazy Train," right?). It's done at the 9th position... try it at the 2nd position.

Learning to relax while playing, and just letting the music take you. Its one of those things that many people learn after a great while. It'll also make your sound more unique, and pleasing sometimes. I wish i got to the point where i could do it again, but college has kept my guitaring time a little limited >.o

i have one for my electric, one for acoustic, electric is thicker then my acoustic, acoustic pick is for strumming, my electric one is for picking, thats why, i dont like flimsy picks for pickin, just dont feel right

Curtis

but the problem with playing at the computer (i always have the lights off btw) is when the pick flies out of your hand and under the desk, into the darkness ...and then you turn the light on and you still can't find it, and then three years later you're in a bar in a foreign country and guess who walks in ....YOUR PICK!!!!!!!!!

:D

Yeah...It's happened to me...

there's acouple warm up licks I play that flow like butter

and sometimes early morning after staying up all night....I'll play while watching the sun come up....for some reason that usually equals really good music for me