Jack White's Guitar

i feel there is nothing wow about the white stripes, not my style. its simple stuff which sells, and ppl like, so basically they accomodate some ppl, which is cool, because it would suck if he could play like malmsteen and if she could play like Mike Portnoy, because we have these bands, cant have everyone agreeing, and liking music, lol! IMO that would suck and be boring! Its a bit like Nirvana, Kurt had the ability to write catchy songs that sold, and ppl liked, but monkeys can play it. Malmsteen can play stuff that not alot of ppl could touch, and also not alot of ppl could write as well etc... but he is again for select few i think. just like as Carl Verheyen told us at a guitar clinic - the music scene is like a Pizza cut into slices. Rock Metal Country Blues Jazz etc... and there are guitarists that are great at what they do, but the trick is to be able to play them all - then just show me the money!!! *lost the plot - where am i going!!!* Carl Verheyen rocks btw!!excellent guitarist!!! he can play everything under the sun and/or moon!!!

anyway - back on topic - lol!!

Its a bit like Nirvana, Kurt had the ability to write catchy songs that sold, and ppl liked, but monkeys can play it.

i have every cd i can find by nirvana. i dont think you need to be technical to be good. its true a ferari looks and sounds and drives and is an orga(can i say this word here?)zm, but when you get down to it, bicycles are by far more easier to maintain, fuel, and store. catch my metaphor?

did anyone see Prince's guitar? the purple one?

yes, yes i have. i think its uhh... horrid looking. i didnt know he could play though. isnt it shaped like his symbol?

also, like ive said before, i like white stripes, but i think the need a 3rd person to play bass. but they dont need to because their doin fine as is now anyways! and whats her face does compliment the music.. simple is as simple goes. simple music for people who apreciate sound rather than talent. not that being a talent hunter is bad, its just you miss out on music thats kinda cool like the stuff from nirvana and white stripes. what about the beatles? their stuff isnt really that bad in my opinion, yet LOTS of people seem to like em. mabey im wrong, but i dont care.

thanks for your attention!

while on the subject of the grammys, did anyone see Prince's guitar? the purple one? i was playing guitar and my mom said it was awesome, but my bro said it was nasty, what do you guys think? i believe he was wearing all purple too

Curtis

He's Prince.

also, like ive said before, i like white stripes, but i think the need a 3rd person to play bass. but they dont need to because their doin fine as is now anyways! and whats her face does compliment the music.. simple is as simple goes. simple music for people who apreciate sound rather than talent. not that being a talent hunter is bad, its just you miss out on music thats kinda cool like the stuff from nirvana and white stripes. what about the beatles? their stuff isnt really that bad in my opinion, yet LOTS of people seem to like em. mabey im wrong, but i dont care.

thanks for your attention!

I think my old man said it best when he was talking about The Kings of Leon

"what they lack in tallent they make up for in enthusiasm, good enough for me"

Music doesn't have to be technically challenging to be good, it just has to be good music. I've seen bands that don't have very technical songs, but every song they played made me tap my feet and bang my pint glass on the table. I've also seen bands palying very technical, but somewhat boring lifeless music.

Personally I like The White Stripes. I'm actually listening to them now (on headphones in one ear, the ear facing away from my boss :D )