TOP 12 GUITAR PLAYERS

KILOWAT®

who is the most liked player in the room  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't read all the replies so forgive me if these guys were already mentioned. Martin Barre, Rory Gallagher, Mick Box, Randy Bachman, Jeff Beck, Chet Atkins, and... JOHNNY WINTER! Curt Cobain? Well, my momma told me if I don't have nothin' nice to say then don't say nothin' at all...nuf said. :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, Ritchie Blackmoore, Jon Greenwood, Robert Fripp :D

Would of said Hendrix was the best know ever, and Clapton most know living guitarist!

i think that clapton is underrated by guitar players. my guitar teacher showed me a clip of him playing cross roads at 19. amazing stuff. he has talent as a song writer and player. i used to consider him over rated. but he can play slide, he has a great voice, he is a great song writer/ lyrics writer AND he can play. he is a jack of all traits and doesnt perform them novelly. he performs them with solid backing and feeling. its not like hes doing it for laughs.

I meant he's the most famous not the best, I think that what the original question.

I kinda agree with u though. I've always liked Clapton but not really apreciated him until I saw him live about two years ago with Albert Lee, Jools Holland and the bloke from Procol Harlum. His guitar tones are increadable and his licks very smooth and tasteful, but he did come across as a bit dull, his only stage-presents being his fame.

Did anyone hear him and Paul McCartney sing 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' at the 'Party At The Palace' gig, they both sung terrible.

The best guitarist all boils down to personal taste I think, and the most famous where you come from in the world.

i saw him on his world tour in 2001

You can't really comment on clapton till you've seen him live can you. My opinion changed after seeing him live at Brans Hatch, possibly the same year!

Did your view on him change?

before seeing him i just thought that he was some cheesy blues player, who , sure i'd listened to a lot, but not as a fan as such..more of someone that you grow up listening to as its something that many people listen to

then you see him live it just makes so much sense, why everyone knows who he is! and the thing that got me the most, is that he changes all of the solos, he never knows what hes going to play until he walks out on that stage

hes genius, pure genius - just because hes a damn famous over played genius, does not derive from the fact that he is a genius

who was the support act when you saw him?

i just read a topic on a guitar magasene that clapton is selling his entire reamaning guitar collection 50 guitars INCLUDING BLACKIE!!!!!!! :D

i'll never think that clapton will sell his loved guitar blackie i mean the original blackie...

that sucks!

well at least he'll donate the money to poor children.

I hear about him getting rid of Blackie ages ago, but he wasn't selling it, it was for acharity auction about two years ago. Maybe someone cashing in!