I really have nothing to say...

Maybe someone could help me out with this "issue". I'm talking about "weird scenes inside the gold mine" where this computer is concerned. Don't you just HATE it when something screws up and then fixes itself for no apparent reason? And you just don't know why or even if it will occur again? It goes with anything, guitars, cars and..computers.

Anyway, my system shutdown for no reason last night. When trying to reboot I got "file ntfs.sys missing or corrupt" message. I set my CD-ROM as first boot and booted up the system with the Win XP disc. Part way in the machine tells me that "setupdd.sys file is unavailable". System shutdown again. Tried booting up with the secondary BIOS and get "hal.dll missing or corrupt" message. Tried starting in SAFE mode, "previous known working setup mode", etc. etc. and system just cycles thru startup again with final result going back to "ntfs.sys missing or corrupt."

Started up again and the damn machine is running fine now! What gives? One thing I don't abide in my world is UNRELIABILITY.

*cough cough* MAC *cough*

i love living in a world where things work.

i once ran across some comparison between cars and computers. if a MAC were a car, it'd get 5000mpg, could move at speeds upwards of 300 mph with ease, and would be invincible in a wreck, but could only drive on 10% of the roads.

you know what? those 10% are the best roads to me, so i'm sticking with 'em.

1.There's a check box or two in my internet settings that always annoy me. I dont ever touch them cos they're embedded within very specific menus, yet, the internet isnt working, the first thing i check....what a suprise, the boxes are set wrong!

2.Recently i kept getting error reports (or an error message asking if i wanted to send an error report) every time i opened up more than than one internet browser. I could open a new one by hitting Ctrl N in the existing browser but starting a new one from the desktop icon, just closed all of 'em. This week, its working fine :D

i once ran across some comparison between cars and computers. if a MAC were a car, it'd get 5000mpg, could move at speeds upwards of 300 mph with ease, and would be invincible in a wreck, but could only drive on 10% of the roads.

those 10% of the roads get me everywhere I need to go too!!! :D

those 10% of the roads get me everywhere I need to go too!!! :D

my point exactly, fellow MAC brethren.

What do you mean by 10% of the roads? Can MACS not go on evry website or something?

i think he means software

indeed.