I think I'll make a green one.

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Have you checked your spam folder? That has often happened to me since Thunderbird doesn't synchronize the Spam folder. I've since learned to check them via browser every now and then especially if I'm waiting for an answer from a new contact. Not to mention the case when my ISP enabled filtering and started to send the messages from my website to trash and delete them after two weeks. Don't know how many customers I lost before finding that out! Also note that the filtering rules may change without notice.

I did. No love there either.

SR

9 hours ago, ScottR said:

Rough shaped top.

Your chiseling is so clean even the rough shaped top looks superb! On such a spectacular piece of wood leaving it as such would be a waste of appearantical (is that a word???) resources. But on a blander piece of wood, have you ever thought of leaving the surface structured?

6 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

Your chiseling is so clean even the rough shaped top looks superb! On such a spectacular piece of wood leaving it as such would be a waste of appearantical (is that a word???) resources. But on a blander piece of wood, have you ever thought of leaving the surface structured?

6 hours ago, henrim said:

I agree. Like @Bizman62 said, on this top the smooth finish is probably the way to go. But you should really use that beautiful chiselled surface somewhere sometime. I think I saw similar in your burl table and thought, damn that's beautiful!

It would be a fitting top for a band named Bloody Forearms.

Seriously, I supposed I'm going to have to do that sometime.....maybe not on a guitar top. I get that suggestion at that stage of pretty much every piece I do. And I agree it's a cool look. I just get so insanely curious about what the wood is going to look like all polished and finished. So I finish it to satisfy my curiosity. I can always carve it some more.....

But nope. So far I cannot carve it again....

SR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScottR said:

I just get so insanely curious about what the wood is going to look like all polished and finished. So I finish it to satisfy my curiosity.

Take a piece of Abura and build a chiseled one out of that! Pretty please!

1 hour ago, Bizman62 said:

Take a piece of Abura and build a chiseled one out of that! Pretty please!

That does look carve friendly as long as I don't get a freshly cut piece or decide to snack on it.. And it looks like the temptation to polish it up would be more easily resisted. The note says it is seldom available in North America...

I'll keep my eyes open for some.:)

SR

6 hours ago, Asdrael said:

Looks awesome. The electronics "plate" will not be easy to do though ;)

6 hours ago, henrim said:

Why? As far as I can tell it's a rounded rectangle that can be sanded flush in place.

It's not too bad. The bottom is mostly covered by the plate and will be dark, so I don't have to go all OCD on it. The vertical sides can be a trick to get to evenly, particularly the radiused ends. Rounding off the top edges makes it easier and makes the clear easier to polish and less susceptible to chipping, as @killemall8 alluded to in his current build thread.

SR

• Like 1