How to Achive this finish?

BLS

looks good though...i would have never thought of that...wonder how well it would work with alder?

yes, it looks awesome. It won't work well with alder. Alder doesn't have the beautiful grain ash has.

Thanks for posting this BLS, this got me thinking. There's this product in the Netherlands they call stain, but it really isn't. It dries pretty hard and I'm planning to use that on an ash body in the near future to get that effect.

looks good though...i would have never thought of that...wonder how well it would work with alder?

yes, it looks awesome. It won't work well with alder. Alder doesn't have the beautiful grain ash has.

Thanks for posting this BLS, this got me thinking. There's this product in the Netherlands they call stain, but it really isn't. It dries pretty hard and I'm planning to use that on an ash body in the near future to get that effect.

No, Thank You for telling me how that finish was done. I cant wait to try it.

Yea, i think thats melamine your talkin about, thats what I used, on the front of my guitar, it didnt have that nice of a grain so i didnt want to show it, so i plowed on the coats, about 8 or more and you cant see it, but the back you can see, it only has 3 on it then clear coat, I think Melamine is what yuor thinking of, it dries really really hard, hope it dont affect the tone though

Curtis

Yea, i think thats melamine your talkin about

I dunno what melanine is... the stuff I'm talking about is water based. doesn't smell at all and is rather easy to apply. I used it for my mary kaye strat (applied nitro for a clear coat) and a tele relic I'm working on

man i wish we had the sheer amount of guitar parts going around on ebay.com.au that is on ebay.com

ahhhhhhhhhhrrggg!!

if it wasnt for the fact australia is better for most other things i would seriously move over to the US :D

Just make sure you have a nice piece of ash.

:DB)

I'm sure nobody here has trouble finding a nice piece of ash...

Sorry I couldn't resist

Anyway...back on topic....aren't the Voodoo gibsons done in a similar fashion??

The Gibson Voodoo finish is the same thing, but they fill the grain red after spraying the black, and then clear the whole thing.

so how would that be the same thing? :D