7 string guitars

The 7th string doesn't get in the way. You only get 5 more notes with the regular tune, but a lot more possibilities. I own one and I am in love with it, however, mine is a rare top model guitar, its an Ibanez RG 2027 XVV with piezos in the floydrose, modified to two Dimarzio Blaze PUs (neck and Custom) witch I recomend very much for a Mahogany body 7string guitar. It just rocks hard and heavy, and also jazz too!

My precious... :D

i am thinking of going 7 string on my SG project comin up, not sure if i will just get a crappy guitar and use the neck and pickups off it though

I played about 4 7 strings and really like them, that extra B string is nice to make up some "korn" style stuff, lol

Curtis

i am thinking of going 7 string on my SG project comin up, not sure if i will just get a crappy guitar and use the neck and pickups off it though

I played about 4 7 strings and really like them, that extra B string is nice to make up some "korn" style stuff, lol

Curtis

Or to play some scales that acually utilize all 7 strings

theres a few mods you can do to tighten up the low b string for all you seven string players.

i dont' know about you but i like my b string to be responsive and not farty.

anyway also i have played a sevenstring for some time. since 1992

i have always been a steve vai fan and wheni got the chance to get a new condition [a three day old guitar someone bought at an ibanez dealer to learn on and couldn't figure otu the seventh string and brought it back in to a non ibanez dealer] used and only 770usd. killer deal the green meanie disapearing pyramid inlay.

later i got a white one taht was mint. for only 500 bucks but it was stolen with my jem.

i didint' play the guitar when i put it in layaway. and when i first got it i thought i had bitten off more than i could chew having never played it.

after 15 minutes of adjustments to the extra string it became my one and only for 5 years or better.

Id love to get a 7 string, however id have to get it as a baritone so that i could go Stephen Carpenter style and drop it all down 2 steps to G lol. my next planned project is to get some walnut boards of a friend of mine, buy a 7 string baritone neck off Warmoth and build the sucka tho its a little way off yet lol

- extra B string ---> for added brutality.

- when ever i have played E tuned stuff, the B hasn't got in my way, well for me. that's what i love about it, when i play with only 6 strings: Black Metal, & all 7 strings: Death Metal. you could always just put a piece of tape on the B so it is muted. <--- very good trick for when you record, so you don't play those unwanted notes.

- yeah the neck is pretty wide, may be a bit wider than a classical. i like neck to be balanced. i say the wider the neck, the flatter the neck contour shoud be and smaller the neck, fatter the neck contour. well that's just me. as for 6 string wizards, i am not a fan, however there is a nice equilibrium with neck width and thickness on the wizard 7s.

currently i am building a 6 string baritone. thought i might make a 6 first, but wanted to implement long scale for B tuning. since i love wide necks and B tuned guitars, i am going to use a classical guitar nut on my current project - 46.49mm or 1 13/16" wide. <--- i played classical guitar before electric, wide necks just feel much better to me. i say go with what feels right.

I find that the wider neck forces me to have a btter hand posture. And as fas as playing it "six string style" you'll adjust quickly. I have a 7620 with blaze p/ups and I love her to death. got it for 250 with case! GOod deals are out there you just have to look!