Which One Take II

Santa Claws

Which ONE?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked fender(excluding the real cheap ones) because if you know what you're doing you can set one up exactly how you want it and usually the necks cooperate(for the most part). Plus with a strat you can switch your pickup configuration to whatever you want cause you have a pickgaurd. I could have a picked a few others as well. The biggest thing these days is picking up the guitar and playing it. There are name brand companies out there putting out stuff that isn't worth what the price tag says. There are also a lot of unknown companies that put out good guitars for low prices. It's all about what you're comfortable with.

I chose esp, cause they play well and sound good,

BUT i played a 5 string ESP sig slayer bass and the neck had two hairline cracks down it,

I sent it back to the store and told them to shove it.

epiphone are good low cost high quality ones

bc riches are heavy and crap sounding

ibanez good but getting crappy with the low cost models

actually most companies are making crap low cost low quality guitars,

Maybe cause most people dont want to spend the bills, I think a guy should be able to get a good guitar or bass for $500-850CAD, Over that is going pricey for me and under that is usually crap quality.

Play em and try em all. Dont take and never take anyones word for what you really like.

OH YEAH

:DB)

I played a cool fender squier £250 guitar the other day. i cant remember the model but it had duncan designed pickups. It played faster than my ibanez s370! which actually isn't all that fast n e way :D. I have to admit the build quality did feel a bit cheap, then again it's a cheap guitar B)

I agree with the other man that Yamaha make good solid budget models. I got it for £120 a few years back and I still use it. the pickup selector switch is dodgy tho. I have a yamaha acoustic which i got cheap and it is excellent, i wouldn't ask for better in an acoustic.

well, i like ibanez. the guitar i made has a smaller radius than my ibanez and i think its nicer, so a nice 3120 quilt top ibanez with emg's scalloped neck etc... that would be nice :D neck thru B)

• 2 weeks later...
I try not to let the name on the guitar decide if i like it or not, if it feels and sounds good to me then ill like it.

There isn't any specific brand that feels better to you in general? I really like the 60s slim-taper neck found on many gibsons.

I'll definately agree with that... the neck on the epiphone G400 (modeled after a 62 SG) is one of my favorites, and offers far more access than even the AANJ.

Yamaha!

I got a 30 year old Yamaha classical free from a travelling preist (I kid you not!)

I still have yet to hear, let alone play, a steel string acoustic that can duplicate that warm, rich, creamy sound. I emailed Yamaha on it a while back and it went for $160 US new...an excellent instrument.

I also found a Yamaha 302S Tele for $350 Canuck, with case. Stock pickups aren't great for distortion, but the clean sound is awesome. And the neck is PERFECT. Not Wizard thin, but thin enough that it fits in my hands perfectly. Strat necks feel fat after playing the beast.

They sound better than they have any business to, especially at the price.

I can't really chose becasue I have or have had a Fender, epiphone, Washburn, Yamaha, Ibanez. Currently I have a Epi LP Goth, two Strats, a Washburn BT (man love those and i don't who why) and Ibanez acoustic. i love them all but I've taken everyone apart with the exception of the acoustic and altered them in some way. Maiden go for that SG or G400 whatever it called. I considered buying that before I bought the LP. ivory is just not my color though :D