Collective Soul

Curtis P

You like them?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to play "Shine On" back in the cover band days. It took a special set up with two amps, one clean and one dirty. For that main riff to sound right, I had to use both amps at the same time. I still like that one song, and the band is okay.

I love their music.

I've always looked for an electric guitar sound that was heavy but being brutally loud. I'm not sure if you'll get the picture, but to me Collective Soul was one of the bands that came closest with songs like "Heavy," "Precious Declaration" and "Why Pt. 2."

Have 2 Cd's of them, I like them when the mood arrises

I really like 'Where the River Flows'

Really really simple....but it's one of the first songs I learned to play

they played at a music festival in the area a couple years ago.....I missed it...I was in another country

haha. a bicycle made of anarchy. looking at your name is much more entertaining than listening to some band which im not going to look at the page header to find out what theyre called again

Not my cup of tea, the guitars sound horrible.. way to thin and buzzy for my taste. But that could just be the quality of the recording.

yea, my mic sucks, I am actually really good, right up there with Vai and SRV, but the mic makes it sound bad :DB):D

Not my cup of tea, the guitars sound horrible.. way to thin and buzzy for my taste. But that could just be the quality of the recording.

yea, my mic sucks, I am actually really good, right up there with Vai and SRV, but the mic makes it sound bad :DB):D

Curtis, how can you say you're up there with Vai and Stevie Ray?! That's an outrage! You can't blame everything on your Microphone!

I used to play "Shine On" back in the cover band days. It took a special set up with two amps, one clean and one dirty. For that main riff to sound right, I had to use both amps at the same time. I still like that one song, and the band is okay.

Dolly Parton does a good cover of "Shine"... really.

She does it in a country/bluegrass style, so, two amps aren't required.

hahaha, Smitty, I got a somewhat decent track I am going to record soon, I still have to work out the bugs, but since I cant solo at all, it will lack one, or I will just kinda randomly hit frets and strigs at poor attempt to make it look and sound what i am doing...lol

Yea, i can blame the microphone on alot of stuff :D it works because it cant fight back, too well

Curtis