Charley was bad Frances is worse

Hi Folks some of you know I lost power for 38 hours and had a lot of clean up after hurricane Charley ripped through Florida just a sort while ago.

Well Charley had Hurricane force winds spaning 35 miles (56.325 kilometre) across it's center and was upgraded to catagory 4 before hitting and downgraded to a 3 and 2 as it passed within 35 miles (56.325 kilometre) of my house.

To give you an example of the strength of the winds here even that far away the neighbors oak tree in front had a main limb riped in two and not at a joint or bend, the limb was/is about 9 inches (22.86 centimetre) in diameter. Another limb from our own tree was broken off and crushed the mail box and double posted aluminum stand flat down to the ground.

Now I'm prepairing for Frances, which has hurricane force wind spaning 85 miles (136.79 kilometre) across it's center and has already grown into a catagory 4 which means this one makes Charley look like a puppy compaired to a full grown dog.

At current cause this map changes with updates if you follow the white line down till it meets land on Saturday off this map (click here) I live right at the small black bump sticking out along the shore just under it so you can see my concern.

Please for now do not PM or E-mail me unless you need an update on a shipment or order I doubt I will have time to answer much especially if I get hit or have to evacuate. When I get back if there is power I'll try to stay in touch otherwise it could be awhile before I'm seen around here folks.

Man, that's bad. I sure hope it either loses all it's strength or curves off back into the ocean. I know you guys have been through enough this year, it just seems like a bad Hurricane year we're experiencing. Keep care of yourself Brian, get the heck out of Dodge if you think it's coming your way, don't play the odds, especially if it stays that intense. I hope that everything turns out ok for you.

Certainly no fun for someone like Brian who works with guitars and probably has all kinds of expensive little tools. I'd be going crazy making sure I could keep everything from getting trashed.

I have 2 uncles around the Tampa area, but don't know how this hurricane stuff has been affecting them.

I know it's not going to make my mom's land in Fort Myers look any worse than last time I saw it. (How nice of her to leave it to me in her will, she know's I don't want it)

My friend was in Florida during the 1st 1 and he said that was bad enough... Especially cuz he was gonna go see Aliens Vs Preditor on the day he got hit by it!(doh!) but keep safe people!!! and even tho you could learn to fly if u ran into it... u still dont know how to land without a crunch!!!

BigT

:D